Uploading or downloading the files to and from Reckon Accounts Hosted.

Legacy KB ID: 5594

Question

How do I upload/download my company/backup file to/from my Reckon Accounts Hosted? 

Answer

You can upload or download your Reckon Accounts company file or any other backup file to Hosted using the Floating toolbar (with Red Briefcase icon).

Reckon Accounts Hosted is designed to store your data files in its own Cloud drive called as ‘My Live (Q:)‘ drive. Therefore, all your data files are uploaded to the ‘My Live (Q:) drive in a folder called ‘Upload’ except for the backup files, which are uploaded to your separate backup drive in the cloud called ‘My Backup (B:)‘ drive.

Uploading Files

1. Once Reckon Accounts Hosted was launched, you should see the floating toolbar in red briefcase icon.
  2. Click on the 'up arrow' to upload the files.

1. You will see file browser window. Browse to the file location on your local PC, you wish to upload. Select it and press open.
  2. You will see the upload progress bar, uploading the file.
    Once upload is completed, you can see the file in the Upload Folder within your My Live (Q:) drive.
    Unless if it is a backup file. If you have uploaded the backup file (*.QBB, *.QBM), it would be on your My Backup (B:) drive.
  3. You can now open the file (If it is company QBW file) from your File Open menu in Reckon Accounts hosted. 
Note: Your company file (*.QBW) is located in Upload folder. You can open it from here or move it across to another location such as Q drive.

If it is a backup file, you will need to restore it using File > Open menu and selecting Restore a backup copy or Restore a portable file.

Downloading the file

1. Once logged into Reckon Accounts Hosted, click on the floating toolbar as shown above.
  2. Click on the ‘down arrow’ icon to download the file.

1. You will see the file browser window open. By default, it will look into the My Live (Q:) drive. If downloading a backup, click on the drop-down arrow and select or My Backup (B:) drive.
Note: All your company files (*.QBW files), bank payments files (*.ABA files), or lists files (*.IIF files) etc, will be located in My Live (Q:) drive.

All your backup files (*.QBB files or *.QBM files) will be on located on My Backup (B) drive.

1. Navigate to the correct file you wish to download and click on it to start the download.
    To download QBW company files go to My Live Q: drive. See below.

To download QBB backup files go to My Backup B: drive. See below.

1. It will ask you for the location where you would like to download it to. By default, it should select Download folder on your computer. You can change it if you like.
  2. Once you have selected the destination, click on Save.
  3. Your download will now start.

Check out our how-to video below.

Need more help?

Ask the Reckon Community at:https://community.reckon.com/reckon

How did we do?

Your computer can’t connect to the remote computer because the Remote Desktop Gateway server’s certification

Can’t access a newly created shared folder on Reckon Accounts Hosted

Related Articles