Error: The taxable setting in tax code NCG (or GST) has been changed. This can not be imported.

Legacy KB ID: 3957

Question

Why do I get the error:  The taxable setting in tax code NCG (or GST) has been changed. This cannot be imported” when I import an IIF file into Reckon Accounts?

Answer

The error is generated while importing the Item List IIF generated from another Reckon Accounts (QBW) datafile. It can happen in new and old files.

There is a discrepancy between the TAXABLE column and the TAXCODE and/or PURCHTAXCODE column in the IIF file.Where a tax code is listed in the TAXCODE and/or PURCHTAXCODE columns of the IIF file, the corresponding TAXABLE field must be set to Y and not N or left blank.It is acceptable to have a Y in the TAXABLE column when TAXCODE column is blank

Solution 1:

1. Open the IIF file in Excel. 
  2. Enter Y in the first field of the TAXABLE column (in the INVITEM section). 
  3. Copy Y to all fields in the TAXABLE column in the INVITEM section. 
  4. Save the file – keep it in the IIF format. 
  5. Import the IIF file again.

Solution 2:

If the issue persists even after doing above, next step is to remove all the tax codes from the TAXCODE column and save the file. Note not to change the file type if/when prompted by Excel.

Try importing this updated file now.

Solution 3:

If the issue persists, double check that this is the IIF file only for the item list and not for other fields like a Chart of Accounts etc. 

If this IIF file consists other data like Chart of Accounts, suppliers, etc in it try exporting the IIF file from original RA file, again, separately for each type and try importing again. As it is possible that when all different data are exported as single IIF file, there could be a mismatch in tax codes.

Need more help?

Ask the Reckon Community at: https://community.reckon.com/categories/reckonaccounts

Or Log a Support Ticket: https://www.reckon.com/au/support/

How did we do?

Can I import Reckon Timer activities into a different Reckon Accounts File?

Reckon Accounts: File has more columns than required error when uploading Super Export file to NAB SuperPay

Related Articles