"Fast Statement" for Imported Bank Statement Not Appearing

Options
Accounts NZ
Accounts NZ Member Posts: 33
edited June 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hello lovely helpful Reckon Community,

Yet another question from me...

I have imported my bank statement as usual and had no difficulties or errors there, but when I go to the online banking centre to click on "Fast statement" then match transactions, the statement that I have imported isn't showing up. Where I would normally see the imported account statement, it says the bank account number and "no transactions received on 30/04/2019" ...however, this isn't the time frame I'm importing transactions for anyways, as I have already imported and completed last month's reconciliation.

Any ideas on why I am not seeing it? Is it because it isn't being saved to the correct location? If this could be the issue, where should the converted file be saved?

Many thanks!

PS. This is for Reckon Accounts Plus 2018 

Comments

• Accounts NZ
    Accounts NZ Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Well, no one came to my rescue this time... but after lots of searching, I found this solution worked with one modification:

"Then, try importing through this method:
    File > Utilities > Import > Web connect files,
    Browse to the location of your import file
    select the .QBO file (not the QIF)  Modified (See below)
    follow the prompts to complete."

Modification: I selected the Reckon Accounts OFX data file (rather than a .QBO file). The Reckon Accounts OFX data file was created by uploading the bank statement the normal way (Banking > Import Bank Statement). I navigated to the folder where this file was stored (which happened to be the same file as where I saved the bank statements), and selected the Reckon OFX file, and this brought up the transactions in the Online Banking Centre.

I have no idea why this worked, but I'm happy it did!