" Getting trans summary error.The user name provided for Reckon "Bank Data is invalid.Please review

Leanne Tuffley
Leanne Tuffley Member Posts: 3
edited June 2018 in Accounts Hosted
Bank Data error  " Getting transaction summary error.The user name provided for Reckon "Bank Data is invalid.Please review and update in company preference

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2018
    Welcome to the Reckon Community Leanne,

The message is saying the the userID entered in Banking Preferences is not a UserID  in Bankdata.  Check it in Banking Preferences and make sure you have entered the UserID in the format: 0123456-1.  It must be the userID of the BankData record owner and not a user of the company file.

You can find a full guide to configuring your company file for Bankdata and downloading transactions here.  

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John

• Leanne Tuffley
    Leanne Tuffley Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2018
    When I signed up for BankData and they sent me an email advising that the account was active and to use the above user name and password these fields were blank. How do I find out what the username and password was?

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2018
    Hi Leanne,

That means you're a Hosted user and you have the one ID for our 3 online products.  Please sign in to bankdata.reckon.com with your Hosted credentials.

regards,