(MAPI error code 00000000 (0) at line 921 in sendemail.cpp

Sandra Masuda
Sandra Masuda Member Posts: 1
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
(MAPI error code 00000000 (0) at line 921 in sendemail.cpp) - I get this error message when trying to email an invoice.  I use Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2017 and Outlook 2013.  I would appreciate your assistance to fix this problem.  Thanks

Comments

• Orkun Evren
    Orkun Evren Member Posts: 41
    edited August 2019
    Sandra, we too experienced it in December last year after a series of windows automatic updates. There was one particular update to Microsoft outlook that made the running as administrator not work. The only way I got our emails working again was by going through the updates around that time and removing any relating to outlook. I tried it on one machine and when I found which update was the culprit, I was able to remove that particular update from all our other machines. Now all working again. Might be worth a look at your microsoft office updates.
  • Orkun Evren
    edited January 2020
    Kevin, Microsoft will tell you it's not their issue, if reckon says it's not their issue then I guess it is just the poor sucker that pays for both sets of software that is to blame..... This issue has been a work around since the inception of Win10 and keeps rearing it's head every year. I personally think it is Reckon's responsibility to keep their software updated with Microsoft. Reckon recommend that you keep your microsoft os and software updated so there fore one would assume that they mean all of the software and not just selective updates. It then would become reckon's issue to keep their software updated to microsoft updates. Just my opinion......
  • Orkun Evren
    edited February 2018
    Vic I have been using reckon software in my business for nearly twenty years now. Compared to other equivalent software for the price it is well worth it. Like anything there are bugs and I don't believe it is a matter of " paying to fix ". However I do think reckon could move the email issue up on their priority list instead of constantly applying workarounds.
  • Brecht
    Brecht Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2018
    Hi Orkun, we are experiencing this issue as well. Could you please advise which update you removed? I've removed all specific outlook updates but the issue persists.

Regards,
  • Orkun Evren
    edited February 2018
    Brecht, Unfortunately I cannot recall the particular update and I threw away the piece of paper after I removed them all. Sorry. We did actually have one machine that even after removing every office update still would not email so I just decided to do a full reinstall on that machine of all the os and software. 
  • Orkun Evren
    edited May 2018
    Kevin if that was aimed at me, I looked at what I could and then gave up. Unlike accredited partners I don't get paid for reckon work I actually pay $4k a year so I don't have the time to spend hours/days/weeks finding solutions. My actual job takes up 60-70 hours of my time a week so then spending hours after that to find support for something I pay $4k a year for doesn't really sit well with me. I actually went to an accredited partner many years go when experiencing issues and for the $2500 I paid what I was told was to was rebuilds, export & imports, make portable files numerous times to shrink my company file and if that doesn't work then to create a new company file. Pretty much the same as " Did you look at the Forum " answers I see on here. If people look on the forum and found an answer do you think they would be asking for help ? Seriously people need help and its great if they get it but the number of times I see " did you look at the forum " " did you search the knowledge base ". It does my head in on a help forum......
  • Vittorio Piacente_9558545
    Vittorio Piacente_9558545 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2018
    Orkun could not agree with you more!!!
  • Billy Gareth
    Billy Gareth Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    We are at Reckon 2019  and these issues are still with us. Can't send emails, Can't print properly "Switch to or Retry" is still floating after nearly 10 years. It is a constant source of frustration for our clients. We run clean business grade PCs not some "anyone uses it PC".

It makes me wild when you call Reckon support and the response is "It is not our problem". They even recommend not using Outlook. So basically because their product is flaky with Outlook they suggest that businesses should not use the industry standard program for business email...

I have been an IT consultant for nearly 20 years and Reckon is probably the most troublesome software package ever. For a package that doesn't really offer anything new each year apart from increased cost and potential issues, it is pretty poor. 
    I have a large collection of workarounds that I usually have to apply each year but this year, even they don't always seems to work.

I have no time for software packages that don't  always work properly and just blame Microsoft for their updates while many other software packages work just fine with all of the updates. Lazy and poor.

And yes I use it myself as it works with my ticketing system. it doesn't mean that I  like it though.

Poorly designed software with support that simply writes the issues off as someone else's.

And yes. I checked the forum.
  • brian_7664759
    brian_7664759 Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2019
    I couldn’t agree more Billy. About 5 years ago Reckon - I think in the days before the name change - told me the problem was Microsoft’s and they would have to make changes to Outlook to allow Reckon to work. Microsoft of course, didn’t oblige and Reckon made no attempt to understand and fix the issue, unlike MYOB etc. Hence my change to gmail which works albeit I have to put in a password each tome I first use it on the day.