(q)odbc setup on terminal server Reckon Enterprise 2017

Daniel F
Daniel F Member Posts: 9
edited September 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I'm a bit confused on the setup for accessing data in Reckon Enterprise 2017 using ODBC. I've seen it mentioned that the connector is included with Enterprise, but I don't see the correct menu options. 

Should I be downloading and installing QODBC driver on the Windows Server 2008 where the Reckon DB is hosted? We are only interested in getting read access, to use for projections.

Has anyone had experience with doing a similar setup ( we use win 7 clients with Reckon installed to access the company files normally)?

I believe I need to install QODBC and QRemote on the server, and then should be able to connect using any ODBC app from a client.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2017
    Hi Daniel,

Admittedly, I don't know too much in this area but check out this KB article, does it help at all?

QODBC download for Reckon Accounts Business

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    HI Daniel , call me on this pls if you have still issues 0407068942, Chandra

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• David Robertson_9018461
    David Robertson_9018461 Member Posts: 20
    edited September 2017
    Hi Daneil

Hi

Start your ODBC installation under File \ Utilities \ Configure ODBC. You have to be in single user mode and as a starting point select company file now open. Follow the process with clicks and it should work first time and you will get a message Test Connection successful. You can then access Reckon data via Excel ODBC.

I have been using ODBC and other report/ data down loads from Reckon for use by a reporting package called fast Reports.

Give me a call if you want to know more about this David - 0413 837 865

• Daniel F
    edited September 2017
    Hi David,

Thanks for that. Is the server you have Reckon installed on 32 or 64 bit? And if 64, did you need to install QRemote to get it to work?
    edited September 2017
    Hi Daniel,
    It was a 32 bit machine. I never had to install QRemote
  • Daniel F
    edited September 2017
    Can someone explain to me why, when logged in as Admin to Reckon Enterprise, I only see File \ Utilities \ ODBC Solutions in the menu, not the aforementioned "Configure ODBC"?
    edited September 2017
    Hi Daniel

I looked at my notes  on QODBC and here they are

Download QODBC from Flex

Save downloaded file

Run the install program

Previously when u downloaded this file it had an .exe extension

When u download it now it has no extension, so if u try to open it windows asks what do I open it with

Does not find flex

So u add exe extension, and the program installs,

Regards

David

• Daniel F
    edited September 2017
    OK, thanks David. I didn't realize I needed to install from flex before getting that menu option.