$ sign missing from sales invoice in print preview

Letisha
Letisha Member Posts: 5
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
the $ sign is no longer showing on sales invoices.  It is missing from print preview and therefore save as pdf.  It was there before update but now it is not.  No changes have been made to any settings.  Ideas??

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Letisha.  The only thing that I can think of is that it might have something to do with a change to your Windows Region settings (thinking outside the square here).  Go to your Windows Control Panel, then Region> Formats tabAdditional Settings> Currency taband then look to see whether your $ sign has gone from the Currency Symbol box.
    John L G
  • Letisha
    edited January 2018
    Thanks John. Appreciate your response.  Unfortunately, no, the $ sign is still in those settings.  I have tried on 3 different computers, with 2 different logins and using both Chrome & Explorer.  I even tried adding a separate text box with only the $ in it to the template but it still doesn't show up.  With EOM invoicing due in 2 days, it's pretty annoying and unprofessional looking. 
  • John Graetz
    edited January 2018
    Hi Letisha.  Have you tried printing off an invoice to see what happens?  Sometimes what shows on a screen might not be the end result.  Another option might be to send one of those invoices to yourself and again see what you can see or determine or what happens when you print it off.
    I must say that I am more than surprised that you cannot even add the text box with the $ sign.  Have you tried using another symbol or character as a test in that text box as another means of testing? 
    Is the $ sign showing at all on your templates, which it should do so automatically in the totals section?
    Another thought.  Try going to the template, click on ?Layout Designer? and then click on say the ?Total? ??data box and then click on ?Properties? and then click on the ?Text? tab and then click on ?Font.  ?Try changing the font to something else and see what happens then.  I just have this feeling that you problem might be with your viewer, rather than the end result.
    John L G  
  • Letisha
    edited January 2018
    Hi John, I wish it was the font - easy fixed - unfortunately it didn't fix it.  Yes, I have printed one out and no $ included.  And no, it isn't showing on any of the templates.  I added a text box with % and that shows.

Only thing I have found that works is to go into the 'Printer Setup> Reckon Printer (redirected XX) Printing Preferences' and change the 'TrueType Fonts: Print As' in the 'Other Options' page to 'Adobe Type 1 Fonts' and this fixes the error.  It seems that each time I login though, I have to do the same process - probably because each time I have a different redirected printer number (was 71 yesterday, today is 63). 

I'm surprised nobody else is having this issue. 
    Thank you for your suggestions John.  One day it will fix itself... I hope...
  • John Graetz
    edited January 2018
    Hi Letisha.  What a shame, but on the other hand, how good are you to find a temporary fix that works - very strange. 

Hopefully somebody from Reckon is reading this and might know to fix the problem, or respond.
    John L G