"Sorry. than ABN has already been registered" thru GovConnect

Susan Haggarty
Susan Haggarty Member Posts: 3
edited October 2019 in Reckon One
Hi, am trying to connect to ATO through Gov Connect to submit STP report and getting "Sorry. than ABN has already been registered" message, ABN is 25111099088, thank you.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    Hi Susan,
    Can you please try again now. Should be ok but let me know either way.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• SC
    SC Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2019
    Hi Rav, I have the same issue. ABN is 17168584807.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    Give it a go now SC, should be ok.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Susan Haggarty
    edited August 2019
    Hi Rav, just tried it again but getting the same message "Sorry, that ABN has already been registered. If you have one, please try a different GST branch."

Thank you

• Deb_10250483
    Deb_10250483 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2019
    I have the same problem with the message that it is already registered? 
    Appreciate help. 

• Rav
    edited October 2019
    Susan Haggarty
    Hi Susan,
    Yes it will work but if you don't have a branch number for your ABN in reality then DO NOT register it in GovConnect as such. It will cause you further issues down the line once you start submitting.
    I'm going to delete your recent post above as this isn't something I'd like to other users to start doing if they come across this info.

I've again cleared the error that was affecting the registration of your ABN in the GovConnect service but I've noticed, and as you've mentioned, you have registered your ABN with the branch number 2. Do you want me to delete this as well? If you don't have a branch number 2 in reality, I'd recommend that you don't start submitting to this registration.
    Also let me confirm, are you using Reckon One? Have you attempted to send pay runs from Reckon One to GovConnect BEFORE actually setting up the STP entity in GovConnect itself?
    You can go ahead and register your ABN (without a branch number) in GovConnect now.

Deb
    Can you let me know the ABN you've registered please.

• Susan Haggarty
    edited October 2019
    Hi Rav, apologies for that but I read that on another post which said it worked so I was desperate to get it working.  Yes I am using Reckon One and I suppose I have tried to send a pay run initially as it is not clear how it works, I just clicked on Single Touch Payroll in the Reckon One screen, it doesn't tell you what the process is.  I will try again now, I will have to find out how to go directly to the govconnect page. Yes, I don't have a branch number so can you delete it altogether please and I will attempt it again. I just logged into the portal and saw the Govconnect menu item on the left side, when I click on this it is still showing branch 002.  I haven't been able to contact the ATO yet as their office hours don't align with my available time, I will have to try and attempt to call them tomorrow from work but not sure if the registration details are correct until the branch 002 is removed. Thanks Susan
  • Rav
    edited October 2019
    Hi Susan,
    I've just deleted the ABN with the branch number 2 now. When you head back into GovConnect you'll be presented with no ABN's being registered in it so all you need to do is register it again with the correct details ie. branch number and it should go through this time around.

Let me know if you have any trouble.