"Unable to load DLL: C:\Program Files(x86)\Reckon Accounts Personal\convert03\qd3.dll"

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
Used to use Quicken and now just installed Reckon Accounts 2015. I installed it fine, selected "I already have a Reckon Account" and then went to open a file from my computer, which is my Quicken file.
I selected it and it said
"Unable to load DLL: C:\Program Files(x86)\Reckon Accounts Personal\convert03\qd3.dll"
and then when you click "OK" it  says
"Required dlls for converting your data file are missing. Please reinstall".
When you click "OK" is then comes up with the error report and gives you the option to
 "Send Report" or "Don't send" with the error code "7099".
How can i resolve this?
I am using Windows 7 64bit and was previously using Quicken 2015. And the files are QDF files.



Photo of Peter

Peter

  • 70 Points

Posted 10 months ago

  • 1
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

  • 35,072 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Reckon Accounts and Quicken use different file formats. There was a conversion tool years ago. Im unsure if it still works
Photo of Michael Salas

Michael Salas

  • 62 Points
I seem to have the same issue when I upgraded from 2017 to 2018 Personal
Photo of McCork

McCork

  • 60 Points
I just started having this "Unable to load DLL: C:\.....\convert03\qd3.dll" problem too.  Very worrisome, as I more or less track all my finances with Personal Plus 2015.

I thought "what's changed in the past week".... and the only thing was that I'd configured "Backup and Sync from Google" (formerly GoogleDrive Sync) to include the folder containing my QDF.  Pausing Sync allowed me to overcome the problem, and subsequently removing that folder from Sync has - touch wood - apparently fixed it permanently.

A long shot, but I hope it helps you.
Photo of Gary Beckhurst

Gary Beckhurst

  • 60 Points

It worked!  I was also unable to open my data files and received the same error message.  I could not open Backup and Sync from Google to select files despite many attempts so I eventually uninstalled Backup and Sync from Google and I can now access my data files.