"unable to start correctly (0xc0000006).

Options
Merri-Lyn Clark
Merri-Lyn Clark Member Posts: 6
I purchased Reckon Home & Business 2015 after previously having several other versions. Uninstalled everything and installed new program fine but it wont open. I get this message "unable to start correctly (0xc0000006). Have rung tech support twice but no luck.  I am running Windows 7.  It was suggested I run a Registry Clean program so I purchased one and ran.  It has fixed an issue with speed but not opening the program.  I am using a Toshiba laptop.

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Merri-Lyn,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

That's not a message we have seen before.  

Could you please provide some more information about the steps you were taking that lead to the error?  Can you also include a screenshot of the error?

regards,
    John

• Merri-Lyn Clark
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Thankyou for replying John, the program installed OK without any problems but when I double click on the icon to open the programs appears to start (ie the flashing startup circle initiates) then it all stops and the message appears.  When you click OK the message disappears and Reckon will not open.  I have tried installing 2009, 2010 and now 2015 and they all do the same thing.  Have run several registery checks and cleaners, have cleaned off all quicken files and data I can find but nothing seems to make any difference.image
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Merri-Lyn,

Sorry to hear the problem is persisting.

Given that you have installed a number of versions its best to make sure all versions are removed.  
    See our article:  Clean Uninstall and Reinstall of Accounts Personal to ensure every thread of each version is removed.  

Then install your programme in Selective Startup.

Hope this helps.

regards,

John
  • Merri-Lyn Clark
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Thank you but now I seem to be in more hot water.  I did all the things you suggested, including the selective startup for windows 7.  Then tried to install the program and received a message telling me that I still had previous versions of Reckon on my computer.  I checked the programs list and found the culprit but cannot uninstall as it comes up with another error message.image
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Merri-Lyn,

Sorry to hear of this problem.

You should uninstall and reinstall again. Please follow the instructions in the link above to use the Revo Uninstaller to remove all traces of Home and Business installation files.  Then install again in Selective Startup mode.  

Hope this gets you re-installed.

regards,
    John 
  • Merri-Lyn Clark
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi John, I had to do a complete system restore, then uninstalled all programs I could find then went through the two processes as above again.  After restarting the computer in selective start up I installed the program again, then reset msconfig, restarted and now and am back to the original error message.  It seems that it really doesn't like my laptop at all.  Thanks for all your help
  • Babi
    Babi Alumni Posts: 75
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi Merri Lyn,

I apologise again for the difficulty you are having with the installation. I have contacted you in regards to the the same so that we can go through this with you or help you with remote assistance, but you were unavailable and I have simply left the voice message to return our call.
    What version of quicken program are you using and on what operating system?

Please make sure that you are using the supported ones. Basically that error 0xc0000006 error comes from the Microsoft Operating system issues and for this one you could check with them, You could try repairing or follow some important discussions from Microsoft experts, ( http://repairerrors.net/fix-error-0xc0000006-windows-7.html) as some important dll files could have been corrupted or missing and consequently affecting the RA installations to continue.

However, apart from that you could try the below in order :

1. Once again to clean uninstall of the program, by following KB 4333( http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4333)

2. As advised in the same document , download Windows Installer Clean up and make sure its removed from there.

3.Go into c:\users"username""\AppData\Local\ then right click on ""temp"" and choose ""properies"". Choose ""security"" --> edit --> add, and add the username you are using, and give yourself all rights. 

4. make sure, UAC, ANITIVIRUS AND FIREWALL are disabled.

5. Then you can install. If you have been trying to install from the disc, this time you could download the product from the website.
    http://members.reckon.com/Login.aspx

Please let me know how it goes, or like suggested you could return my call. Please make sure that you have the supported version.We support only the last two versions.

Regards,

Babi

"