1 licence user changing computers - program running issues

Susan Varcoe
Susan Varcoe Member Posts: 7
changing computers - program will not run on new computer. Phone help told me I had to remove from old computer as I have 1 user licence than it will run on new computer. Have removed from old computer opened on new computer program still will not run.

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Susan - need a bit more info please?  what version are you installing, what operating system was old computer? - what operating system on new computer?  Probably shouldn't have removed from old computer until you had it running on new computer?  
  • Susan Varcoe
    edited July 2020
    Reckon Accounts Home & Business 2019 old computer running Windows 7. New computer running Windows 10. Have loaded program onto new computer OK but whentried to open my file got message about 1 licence user. spoke with phone support today and they said I had to uninstall on old computer then reopen program on new computer and it would run. did that tonight once home from work and was still getting the same message. just tried again so i could put the error message on here and it looks like program is now working. fingers crossed all is ok. will close program and then open again to see what happens.
  • Susan Varcoe
    edited October 2019
    Thanks Linda, I think it is working OK now opened it a 2nd time did a backup onto desktop just to make sure. Closed program and reopened straight into my file.

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Susan.  I have to say that I find the answer and process that you were given, to be somewhat strange.  How would Reckon ever know whether or not you had removed the program from your old computer?  Surely they would have no other option than to take your word that you had done so, even if you had deferred doing so as Linda had suggested above (that is don't kill the old until the new one is going).  Perhaps I am missing something.
    John L G
  • GoGo
    GoGo Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2019
    Ring Customer Service Have your old registration key on hand which they will most probably revoke and issue you with a new one
  • Susan Varcoe
    edited October 2019
    I thought the same thing. The person I spoke with was most adamant that all i needed to do was remove the program from the old machine and open on new machine and it would all work.  He did not suggest a new registration key or anything like that just kept saying remove from old machine before opening on new machine. It did not work straight away last night - hence the query on this site but a couple of hours after I removed from old machine I started it again on new machine and program with my file opens straight away. 
  • Susan Varcoe
    edited April 2020
    I spoke with phone support yesterday.  He did not suggest a new registration key or anything like that just kept saying remove from old machine before opening on new machine.