10% GST line showing in invoice after moving to Reckon Hosted

Aleisha_8341887
Aleisha_8341887 Member Posts: 25
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Switched to Reckon Hosted from Prof 2015, and have had to redo my imported invoice templates. Now there is an extra line printing on our invoices in the 'description' column, underneath my written description : - 

"10% GST," and there is a GST amount showing in the 'Amount' column. I don't want this to print as I already have a separate column set up for the GST amount to show.

Have tried fiddling around with the customisation but haven't been able to find which tickbox to uncheck. Can someone please help?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Ian McLennan
    Ian McLennan Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited July 2020

Aleisha,

Go to Edit invoice template

Additional customisation

Footer

I am guessing from what you say, it is the tax summary that positioned itself in the body of your invoice when you upgraded.. Normally it is at the bottom an invoice, therefore you can move it if you wish when you go into layout designer.  Otherwise untick the print box in footer if you want it to disappear completely from your invoice.

Regards,

Ian McLennan

• Aleisha_8341887
    Aleisha_8341887 Member Posts: 25
    edited October 2018
    Hi Ian, thank you for your response. Unfortunately it is already unticked (as per screenshot below). Any further suggestions? Thank you.

• Ed Kolodziejczyk
    Ed Kolodziejczyk Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2018
    This is an old topic, but I have exactly the same problem.  Any suggestions?
  • CassS
    CassS Member Posts: 1

I have the same issue and have look through the template as suggested above. It is not only appearing on invoices but also work orders

Cass

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

I don’t think it’s the one here on your screenshot, if you go to layout designer is it underneath the main description box? You can, via layout designer, change the colour of this text to white and rearrange the box itself to disappear and it won’t print

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff

Hi @CassS

It sounds like there may be existing issue in the data file prior to it being upgraded to the Hosted format.

It would be a good idea to determine how many transactions are affected, whether it affects only invoices that are in a particular financial year, whether specific items only are affected, etc.

If the upgrade has only been done very recently, it may be good idea to confirm whether the same problem exists in the older version of the data file.

Confirm whether there the backup copy of the file prior to it being upgraded still exists as that may be useful for troubleshooting the issue.