13747 24877 QuickBooks-Unrecoverable Error

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • In Progress
Hi,

I have been plugging away all morning updating my QuickBooks Plus 2009-2010 without an issue then out of nowhere I start getting the following error message while trying to change the payment date within the Payroll Information window:

QuickBooks - Unrecoverable Error

QuickBooks has experienced a problem and must shut down. We apologise for the inconvenience.

If you choose you can report blah blah blah

Enter additional information blah blah blah (I submitted a report and nothing)

Code: 13747 24877

Can somebody please help me out with how I can fix this? I need to get these books done and to my accountant asap.

Customer Service told me it was probably a windows error but they couldn't be sure..

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Photo of Kate

Kate

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Kate

Kate

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Can someone please help me? I am desperate

Photo of Shisir

Shisir, Employee

• 3,078 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Hi Kate

Thank you for asking Reckon Community.

It is not clear to me where the issue is originating from. The crash can be from various reasons.
(before doing anything from below and also for your own safety, please do backup before making any changes)

Does it crash when you are -
1)      Editing the previously processed pays?  - that particular paycheque/ whole pay-run is corrupted. You may need to delete and redo the pay-run to see if that helps.

2)      Creating a new pay-run? – Your file may need some maintenance to see if it can fix (Do “Verify” and “Rebuild” from this KB article http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=336

3)      Doing a scheduled/unscheduled pay? – If it’s scheduled, try unscheduled as that schedule might have issue. If it’s unscheduled/no schedule available, create one and test. Do verify rebuild (step 2).

4)      Is it only for one employee or it happens for other employee/pays? – that will tell whether an employee record is corrupted. Do Verify, Rebuild to see if that helps. otherwise may need to create a new employee to see if that helps

5)      Start of the Issue- when did it start happening? Do you have any prior backup to this error? If you have, you may want to restore the backup (you might have to re-do transactions that you did after the backup was made)

I hope the above will help. Whatever the outcome, please do let us know.

Regards

Shisir