15 plus trail files won't go into 15

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • In Progress
Does anyone know how to get all the info I have put into a 15plus trail back into 15?
Photo of Libby Mansfield

Libby Mansfield

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

• 10,138 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Libby,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Do you mean that your company file no longer opens in Reckon Accounts Plus 2015?
OR
You entered transaction information into a test file as you were trialling Plus, and now you'd like to move these transactions into your main company file?

regards,
John
Photo of Libby Mansfield

Libby Mansfield

I tried Plus 15 but have normal 15 but can't get my data to transfer across it says I have the wrong version and won't load
Photo of Libby Mansfield

Libby Mansfield

I have also looked at the new cloud version but it has no way of transferring data either which means I've got a months worth of work I can't access and now will have to reenter everything
Photo of Libby Mansfield

Libby Mansfield

I have tried it on my other laptop and get error-6000,-77 can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong
Libby
You seem to have two forum article about your problem, so perhaps we'd best decide where you'd like this answered.

You indicate your are undertaking a TRIAL of Reckon Accounts Plus 2015 - yes?
And you refer to 'normal' 15....  What exact product do you mena?  DO you mean Reckon Accounts Accounting 2015 perhaps?

The migration from one product to another depends on whether you are trying to to a larger product or not.  Once you are in a larger featured product,  it is not always possible to go back to a smaller featured product.  IE:  things are upgradable to bigger newer things and not the other way around.

The sequence is:
Easystart, Accounting, Plus, Pro, Premier, Enterprise (the latter also being the same as the data centre based 'HOSTED' product.

In addition,  you can only go forward to the same or a newer year.  IE:  you can go from 2015R1 to 2015R2 but not the the other way round.

Converting a TRIAL to a licenced product only requires money and activation,  if in fact you are happy to put the TRIAL company into commercial full use for instance.

But if you've committed heaps of work to a fuller featured TRIAL copy of a product and now decide you don't want to use it, preferred a smaller featrured product, then I suyspect you are going to have to re-enter, unless PSG can advise otherwise.

Gary Pope
m: 0408994799 
An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac...
"Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant"