2 page invoices with Terms and Conditions

Options
Melinda Jane Koth
Melinda Jane Koth Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I  have a client that wants the ability to have a two page invoice, predominately the first page is the invoice and the second page being the Terms and Conditions. We are in an industry that is weather reliant so T&C's are required. Is this available as I can't see a way to do it.
In the mean time I have added a link to our T&C's via a URL in the email that goes to the client, but preferably would like it included with the invoice.
Is there a way to do this

Comments

• Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi Melinda,

You could try clicking Attach at the top left (I think) of the Reckon Accounts Email page, and attach a pdf.  Note this must be done on a single email basis (not batched) and the pdf will have to be uploaded to your Q drive so it can be picked up and attached..

Kind Regards

Kim Chapman

www.chapmanofficeservices.com

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Melinda.  To my mind the simplest way to achieve this is to set up a new item called Terms and Conditions.  Then place all of your Terms and Conditions within the Description box.  For the purpose of the exercise you are going to have to nominate an Account from your Chart of Accounts to receive the non value of this item.  If you only want the terms and conditions to appear on page 2, you would have to keep on actually inserting additional lines on page one of your invoice until such stage as the text (T&Cs) flowed on to the second page. That will take a bit of trial and error, to know how many lines to insert, but it is achievable.  Alternatively, if that is not an issue, just add the item as an entry on you invoice a couple of lines below the last financial transaction that you are billing the customer for.. If there is a need for the text to flow to page 2 (if there is say a large amount of it) then this will happen.  It just depends on how "picky" you want to be with the end result.
    John L G
  • Kerrie H
    Kerrie H Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Our terms and conditions are 6 pages so setting them up as an item just wouldn't work.  Trying to remember to attach the T&C's each time is also open to error.  I hope Reckon would look into this in the future so that we can create multiple page invoice for the T&C's, in the meantime we are going to add it to the email text that the invoice is sent with.
  • PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I have done some QB/Reckon integration projects in the past and clients want the same thing, what I provided is whenever the invoice is created in Reckon, it will be auto append the text to the last line's description (you can add a description line without assigning any item for it), and the description can be maintained in a text file.

With this approach, you don't need to remember or do any manual job to add the T&C to your invoice.

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

• Kerrie H
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thank you Phuong Do, I am not sure how this is done, or if it is just about arranging where the long text goes, step by step instructions would be good.  

If it places the T&C's in the description area of the invoice, because of the limited width (no of columns we have in use) it would make our invoices around 12 pages long, preferrably the T&C's would be the full width of the page as in the long text area that we have at the bottom of the page.
  • PhuongDo
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I see, hmm, it would be another issue because the text gonna occupy the description column only. We will need to find other solutions then. I will take a look and let you know if I find any feasible options. Can you give me your email address?

Thanks,

Phuong

• Kerrie H
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hi Phuong Do,

My email address is info@billmansfoundry.com.au.  I think it would please a lot of your customers if Reckon can sort this out as it is becoming a big issue with accounting programs.
  • Georgina Walton
    Georgina Walton Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi Phoung Du, I have the same issue.  Can you please advise if a solution has been devised?

• PhuongDo
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi Georgina,

Too bad there is no good solution for it yet.

Thanks,

Phuong

• Kerrie H
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It's a shame that over a year we still do not have a solution.  Businesses terms and conditions are of high importance to all businesses, I would think this was a high priority.
  • Georgina Walton
    Georgina Walton Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thanks Kerrie - In our industry it is a legal requirement.  This is a real problem for us. So high priority is an understatement.