Can I install QuickBooks 2002 onto a Windows 8 computer?

Options
dash lismore
dash lismore Member Posts: 2
I am using the 2002 small business quickbooks package need to get a new computer so would like to be able to either upgrade or be able to install on the new windows.  I use the package facility that allows me to enter info from my bank statements with GST facilities.  The new packages do not have this available so have never upgraded.  Can I install the 2002 onto the new windows 8 etc.

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hello Dash Lismore,

Happy New Year and thanks for asking the Reckon Community.

Many older versions of our programmes will have difficulty installing on Windows 8.  Also, their printer drivers are not compatible with 64-bit systems, so if you successfully install you may not be able to print or email.  

Given the advance in technologies since your version, we suggest you upgrade to the latest version as you will have a programme that has been designed with the latest technology in mind - Reckon Accounts 2013 is fully compatible with Windows 8 and 64-bit systems.  

It will run on Windows 8.1 with some configuration changes - see these articles for more details:

http://kb.reckon.com.au/kb/issue_view.asp?ID=4693

http://kb.reckon.com.au/kb/issue_view.asp?ID=5056

The next release due in April will be fully compatible with Windows 8.1.

Regards,
    John.
  • clara woodward
    clara woodward Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I am still using the 2002 but my laptop is now playing up on the Windows XP,  is there a way I can use on the new version like Windows 10 or older versions.  Is the new quickbooks able to do like the 2002 enter bank statement directly into the system.

• clara woodward
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I am still using the 2002 but my laptop is now playing up on the Windows XP,  is there a way I can use on the new version like Windows 10 or older versions.  Is the new quickbooks able to do like the 2002 enter bank statement directly into the system.

• clara woodward
    edited January 2017
    Options