2010-2011 PLUs company has closed need to access the data file, to access P & L report, it says access to company file has been lost

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I have a 2010-2011 PLUsversion, from a company that closed, I need to be able to access the data file, to access P & L report, it keeps saying access to the company file has been lost
Photo of Maree

Maree

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 37,694 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hmmm what is the exact message?
Photo of Maree

Maree

I have updated windows And it is co operating now, in the interim I Spoke to two quicken support companies... Are they bogus? One is
" Mac geeks "and they log into ur Computer thru remote access and the other told me that My ip address was unsecure a viruses was in my network and purchase their protection to fix issue.

Do I need to do anything to rectify the fact that they had access until i pulled the pin?
Photo of Kevin Russell

You have been scammed. These people do NOT represent Reckon. I am an accredited partner with Reckon. Have been for sixteen years. I would be extremely careful about connecting that computer to the internet.
Photo of Maree

Maree

Oh no, can u help me??? How do I Get rid of what they may have done Kevin?
Photo of Kevin Russell

I would get malwarebytes its free on download.com. Run it till it finishes. Thats a start

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.