2018/19 tax table installation

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
Hi, tried calling support but gave up to the long queue.

Just a quick question: We have Reckon Accounts and File Server installed on the terminal server, then Reckon Accounts (only) on 5 user computers. So just would like to know if I need to install the new 2018 tax update on the server before installing it on individual user computers? 

Thanks! 
Photo of Teresa Huang

Teresa Huang

• 510 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Susan Blanchard

Susan Blanchard

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I just load it on the server as my other pcs r just remote and read the one company file on multi user.
Photo of Teresa Huang

Teresa Huang

Thanks Susan, and is it working fine for you?   Because that's what I thought I would need to do, but the Reckon website advised differently - see the below the screen print. Thus my question.

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 40,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Unless you are using TS you need the tax tables on every Pc
Photo of Teresa Huang

Teresa Huang

Thanks Kevin.  I am sure I need to install the update on every user PC, but just not sure if I also need to install it on TS. 

FYI, we don't open the Reckon Accounts on the TS, so that it doesn't take up a seat of the licence.  

Photo of Linda Putland

Linda Putland, Accredited Partner

• 6,284 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Teresa, I have always found things work better if the full version (with company file server) is installed on the server machine as well (instead of just the Company file server software) - even if that means you end up with 6 installations, I believe Reckon will be happy to provide you with activation of all the machines in this scenario.  Good luck!
Photo of Susan Blanchard

Susan Blanchard

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My software is only loaded on my server. As i said the ocs log into the server and use the one file in.multi user. In the past we did what u r doing bit this works better. Less hassle. Our external tech (the propellerhead) set it up that way. No issues.
Photo of Linda Putland

Linda Putland, Accredited Partner

• 6,272 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
It might work fine Susan - but the functionality of the software comes from the program that is installed on each machine - its just the datafile that lives on the server - so if you run payroll on a machine that doesnt have the R2 installed - it will not be using the current tax tables...
Photo of Teresa Huang

Teresa Huang

I see, so we are slightly different in terms of how we install the program. :-)