2018/19 tax table installation

Options
Teresa Huang
Teresa Huang Member Posts: 30
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi, tried calling support but gave up to the long queue.

Just a quick question: We have Reckon Accounts and File Server installed on the terminal server, then Reckon Accounts (only) on 5 user computers. So just would like to know if I need to install the new 2018 tax update on the server before installing it on individual user computers? 

Thanks! 

Comments

• Susan Blanchard
    Susan Blanchard Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I just load it on the server as my other pcs r just remote and read the one company file on multi user.
  • Teresa Huang
    edited July 2018
    Options

Thanks Susan, and is it working fine for you?   Because that's what I thought I would need to do, but the Reckon website advised differently - see the below the screen print. Thus my question.

• Susan Blanchard
    Susan Blanchard Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2020
    Options
    My software is only loaded on my server. As i said the ocs log into the server and use the one file in.multi user. In the past we did what u r doing bit this works better. Less hassle. Our external tech (the propellerhead) set it up that way. No issues.
  • Teresa Huang
    edited July 2018
    Options

Thanks Kevin.  I am sure I need to install the update on every user PC, but just not sure if I also need to install it on TS. 

FYI, we don't open the Reckon Accounts on the TS, so that it doesn't take up a seat of the licence.  

• Teresa Huang
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I see, so we are slightly different in terms of how we install the program. :-)
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2018
    Options
    It might work fine Susan - but the functionality of the software comes from the program that is installed on each machine - its just the datafile that lives on the server - so if you run payroll on a machine that doesnt have the R2 installed - it will not be using the current tax tables...
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Teresa, I have always found things work better if the full version (with company file server) is installed on the server machine as well (instead of just the Company file server software) - even if that means you end up with 6 installations, I believe Reckon will be happy to provide you with activation of all the machines in this scenario.  Good luck!