2018/19 tax upgrade for Reckon Accounts Premier 2017

Caroline Shatwell
Caroline Shatwell Member Posts: 3
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I currently use Reckon Accounts Premier 2017 - how do I get the tax update for 2018/19 please

Comments

• Kylie Stewart_9162934
    Kylie Stewart_9162934 Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2018
    The Tax table updates are available with the member login area now.  You will need your Customer ID and Password of the renewal notice.
  • Joanne Elliott
    Joanne Elliott Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2019
    can we update the tax table without having to update Reckon Accounts Premier 2017?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    Hi Caroline,

Kylie is right on the money here, I'll just a little bit more to the above as I noticed you mentioned Reckon Accounts 2017.

You need to ensure you have installed and activated Reckon Accounts 2018, the tax update cannot be installed on earlier versions of the software. 

There's more info here -

Reckon Accounts Business 2018 is now STP ready

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Caroline Shatwell
    Caroline Shatwell Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Rav, So I need to purchase Reckon Accounts 2018 and cannot continue to use Reckon Account 2017 even if I have less than 5 employees ?

• Joanne Elliott
    Joanne Elliott Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    I don't need to use STP yet as I don't have more than 20 staff.  so now just because I need the new tax table i need to upgrade  reckon accounts premier to 2018/2019 version which then I need to update my reckon POS system the the 2018/2019 version, which I need to pay my IT person to help with so everything communicates properly. But wait.... then i will have to pay more money  for things in the back system which automatically send my inventory data from Accounts/POS to my website, because with the update it will no longer communicate this information.
    With this only being release yesterday (nothing like last minute) I have no time to implement this as I leave on two weeks holiday tomorrow overseas, so looks like I will be using out of date tax table for first pay cycle or two. (yes processing pays while on holiday, got to love being a small business owner never truly on holidays.)
    WHAT AN EXPENSIVE EXERCISE just for a TAX TABLE UPDATE!
    I have always just done these updates and paid the fees, but with the high expense last year with having to update the program link to our website I was hoping i could skip it this year. Looks like I may be on the hunt for a new system.
    RANT OVER
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    Hi Joanne,
    We'd loved to have been able to release the tax updates earlier, and in fact we initially had everything ready to go for release early this week, however with the tax cut legislation passing so late and so close to EOFY its forced us, and no doubt other providers as well, to go back and make the necessary changes before they come into effect on July 1.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Emily_9502889
    Emily_9502889 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2018
    Hi Kevin- (hope its ok to add to this question) we are in a similar situation where we purchased the program so we don't have to keep paying Through The Roof fees. How can I update just the tax tables for 18/19
  • kathy ridley_8898798
    kathy ridley_8898798 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2018
    so all i have to do is open the 2018/19 in hosted and the tax scale will update automatically?? is that correct?

• Rav
    edited July 2018
    Kathy,
    If you've completed all your EOFY tasks and you're ready to upgrade then yes all you need to do is to launch Reckon Accounts Hosted 2018 and follow the prompts to upgrade.

Please note, you cannot go back to the previous 2017 version for whatever reason after the upgrade.

• Kambara
    Kambara Member Posts: 4

Hi, I have just downloaded Reckon Accounts 2019 R1 and I have been instructed to also download Reckon Accounts_2018_TaxTableUpdate.exe

Can you please direct me to the link for this Tax update.

Thank you.