2018 Payroll Upgrade NOT AUTOMATIC

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
I have followed the instructions to "Upgrading to Reckon Accounts Hosted 2018" run the back up etc.  Step 11 states "Reckon will now prompt you to Update Company. Click YES"

This does not happen automatically for me.

Is there an option where I can 'select to update company'?

How do I verify once this process has been completed?  I still have an unusual blue line across the top of my screen.
Photo of Nikita

Nikita

• 610 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 55,250 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Nikita,
So are you logged into Hosted already?

If so, press Ctrl+1 and a Product Information box will appear, what is shown at the top?

Example of mine -

Photo of Nikita

Nikita

• 610 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav

Yes I am logged in.  The Product Information confirms that I am using 2018 Release R2P.

I don't recall seeing the process of the Company Update take place on my screen.
I still have an unusual colour across the Company Name - Reckon Accounts Hosted 2018 bar across the top of the screen.

I am hyper alert to updates correctly taking place as previous updates have not gone through as seamlessly as suggested and it has been necessary to re-enter data on the next work day.  
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 26,730 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Nikita,

When you open a company file last used in an earlier version you'll be prompted to upgrade the file for it to work in this version.  A backup will be made - if an error is encountered you'll be asked to do a Rebuild and correct the errors.  Otherwise the file proceeds to upgrade.  

Sounds like you are successfully upgraded.

You can test the integrity of the update by entering one transaction and then closing the company file and exiting Hosted.  then log back in again and check for the transaction you entered.  

Hosted 2018 does have a new shade for the company name line:

If your colour is unusual then it is probably a temporary display issue and will resolve itself when you close the browser.

regards,
John.