2018 Reckon Hosted - printer not working

Daniela_9388451
Daniela_9388451 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Since upgrading to 2018 Hosted, the only printer I can select does not actually print.  Help please!

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Daniela.  Have you searched this forum for people having similar issues?  There have been many to date and many relate to a similar theme such as:
    1.  Have you enabled popups in your browser/s which is the first requirement to enable PDFs to print?
    2.  Are you aware that the first stage in any printing work is for the Reckon PDF printer?  When the PDF is produced, you then get the option to print to your own printer.
    So what is the only printer you can select which doesn't print - is it one of yours or one of Reckon's?
    John L G
  • Linda_7590330
    Linda_7590330 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I have the same problem.  The only printer available in the list is "Reckon Printer (redirected 23) on TS017". My printer is installed correctly on the laptop and prints perfectly from other applications.  Please help if you can 
  • Linda_7590330
    Linda_7590330 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Just followed instructions re pop-ups and all good! Thanks everyone
  • Daniela_9388451
    Daniela_9388451 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2018
    Hello John,

Yes I have trawled through the forum and ensured pop-ups were enabled for the site.  I had no problems printing on 2017. 

When I now attempt to print, the pop up for printing appears and the only option I am offered is: Reckon Printer (redirected 54) on TS001. I used to be offered the pdf version which I used in 2017 Hosted.  When I press print nothing happens.  A new screen does pop up to ask me if printing was successful.  I have clicked 'No' every time.  Hopefully they will sort this out soon...

Will try again shortly... fingers crossed!

• Lin Johnson
    Lin Johnson Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2018
    I have enable the pop up
    How do I avoid having to save the print job to a file and than print.
    Used to be able to just print without saving

• John Graetz
    edited July 2018
    When you login to your company file (or at a later time), are you receiving a message "??Do you want to allow this webpage to access your clipboard" ??and are you then clicking YES?.
    When you press print, you should get a printer dialogue box in which you can select portrait or landscape or whether to fit on one page etc.  The printer will be the Reckon PDF printer.  Then when you press Print within the Print Reports box, the report starts to compile and then a blue background "ribbon" box should open near the top right hand side. At this time, look for for any alerts about popups needing to be enabled.  Once the printing ribbon box does its things, the PDF should open up, ready for you to select your local printer
    John L G
  • Kristy Matheson
    Kristy Matheson Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2018
    I also have this issue, when I chose the PDF convertor is tells me "Printer not activated, error code-20". Can you help woth this please? This is only since I have upgraded to 2018 R2
  • John Graetz
    edited September 2018
    Hi Amelia.  Which browser are you using?  It turns out that there are different approaches that need to be taken, depending on which browser you might be using.
    John L G
  • Lauris McVeigh
    Lauris McVeigh Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2018
    I think its a joke that sooooo many people have to same issue but there is nothing from Reckon to say how to fix the issue .... seriously over their time wasting hicups !

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 2018
    There is no issue.
    If you're unable to print while using Reckon Accounts Hosted, I'd recommend taking a look at these instructions -

When I try to print in Reckon Accounts Hosted nothing happens

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.