2018 update to Accounts Plus 2017 will not install.

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
 running Accounts Plus 2017. The downloaded update 2018 file through your link was : Reckon Accounts Business Range 2018. It will not install.  Error 1603.
Photo of Janine Barker

Janine Barker

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,280 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Welcome to the Reckon Community Janine.

This problem is likely to occur if you have an older version of the Flash Player installed.  the current version of Microsoft Installer, used to install REckon Accounts, can not work with this version of Flash Player.  

Download the latest flash player from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and try again.

Look forward to you upgrading soon.

regards,
John
Photo of Janine Barker

Janine Barker

Thank you.  I installed the flash player but still am not getting anywhere.  Image 1 attached Reckon 1 shows some installation going on but it's been going for 3/4 hour.  Image 2 shows the details of the error. 

The name of the file downloaded from your website link is named Reckon Accounts Business Range 2018 R1.  Can you confirm this is the correct file?
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,280 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Janine,

Yes you do have the correct file.  After installing that one you will need to download and apply the Tax Tax update 2018 that will give you the updated Tax Tables for 2018-19 and make you STP compliant.  

More importantly, what is your Operating System?  The error message is indicating that a required component to install Reckon Accounts is incompatible with your operating system.  Reckon 2018 requires Windows 7 and later versions.  

regards,
John.
Photo of Janine Barker

Janine Barker

OK thanks John.  It looks like I'll have to upgrade my OS, I've been chugging away on XP now for quite some time.