2019 Accounts Premier upgrade

Options
Janine F
Janine F Member Posts: 2
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We are attempting to upgrade from 2018 Premier to 2019, but the option to upgrade the existing 2018 is greyed out - the "select an existing version to upgrade" is there, but we cannot select that radio button.
Is anyone else getting this or had this issue, and if so, how was it resolved?
Thanks.

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Janine - this screen is just asking you where you want to install the files - just leave as the default option to create a new folder for the 2019 files... then when you first open Reckon 2019 - navigate to your datafiles and choose to open them, then you will have the option to upgrade.  Cheers Linda
  • Diane W
    Diane W Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hi Janine,

I am getting this as well.  I am trying to upgrade from 2017 Premier to 2019 but the option to select an existing version to upgrade is also greyed out.  I am using Windows 7 Professional.  What are you using?  I am wondering if that is the problem.

Thanks.

Di
  • Diane W
    edited June 2019
    Options

Thanks Linda,

I will try that also.
  • Janine F
    Janine F Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thanks Linda, will give it a go.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi Diane - it isnt a problem - many years ago you could actually install one version over another, but for a long time now - you have had to install into a new folder - this screen just wants to know where to put the file...  accept the default and the installation process will move on..  cheers Linda
  • Diane W
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thanks Linda.  I'll try it again today.

Di