2020 EOY

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago

I have checked every single pay run submitted to ATO and all the details are correct.  I have also reviewed the ATO records which agree with what I have submitted via the Reckon STP using my mobile phone.  However, during the 2020 end of financial year process, I have discovered that the YTD Pay summary for the 2 employees are incorrect.  It looks like the pay run processed and submitted on 20 March 2020 has been counted twice even though I processed that pay run once only, and it showing on my mobile phone and ATO system once only.  How should I correct it?   

Photo of Sue

Sue

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Vincent Gulliver

Vincent Gulliver

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi I have had the exact same problem as have quite a few others. The administrator won't accept / acknowledge that there is a defect with the EOFY report. The resolution is to make an adjustment to correct figures (crazy and wrong as that sounds) to correct the overall figures to what they should be.The reckon instructions do say to do this. Apparently the ATO do not use the figures previously submitted they are only interested in the overall total. This would not surprise me but I am going to check with the ATO tomorrow before I make the adjustment. HOWEVER what I wanted to ask: The month that is being double counted for me was July. The only difference for this month compared to the other 11 months was that  I submitted it in August 2019 but it was not approved by the ATO until September 2019, all the other 11 months were approved in the same month and usually the same day. Could you check on the payroll and see if you had a similar difference in submission and approval for the month being double counted. Regards.