2020 R2 Upgrade

Daniel O'Leary
Daniel O'Leary Member Posts: 4
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi All, i have just upgraded 2 company files to 2020 R2, verified and backed up and exited.  I then went back in to confirm the upgrade and got a dialogue box saying I had no companies open and to select one of the companies.  So I selected one of the companies.  I then got another dialogue box telling me the company file I was trying to open was a newer version and couldn't be opened.  It is as if it still is opening the 2019 R2 version even though I am going in through the 2020 R2 button.  Any clues before I contact support.  Thanks Dan

Comments

• Daniel O'Leary
    edited July 2020
    Update, I fixed the problem thanks to a tip from John Graetz in another post,  I had to log out of all remote sessions in Accounts Hosted Control Panel.  I didn't even know this function existed, it took a minute or two to find after I read John's tip.

Deleting Cookies 3 times, browsing history, 3 restarts and even logging in through a different browser didn't work, which is pretty bizarre.  I have been using this product in various forms since 2006 and never had to do this, normally it logs me out automatically.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Daniel.  Glad that you found the solution that I had posted.  Just remember this action because there are likely to be other things which happen where you are going to have to use the same approach to fix the problem, as I and countless others have found out.  This is one of the first things that needs to be tried in many instances when some "weird" problem surfaces.
    John L G
  • Daniel O'Leary
    edited June 2020
    Thanks John, will do.  
  • LAC
    LAC Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2020
    Can you work between 2019 R2 and 2020 R2? I need to reconcile June still but have payroll to do for this financial year?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited July 2020
    No, either stay in 2019, although I don’t think why there’s any reason to, or just upgrade to 2020 version. Once you’ve done that you can’t go back to 2019 unless you were to restore the backup that is done as part of the upgrade. You can still continue to reconcile and do everything else