2020 Upgrade

Options
Thomas Bowers
Thomas Bowers Member Posts: 2
edited October 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
If one accepts an "Upgrade" offer for Quicken Home & Business, does that lock one into paying an annual subscription fee?

Comments

• Darran
    Darran Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Probably - everything Personal offered by Reckon now is subscription based.  A total rip off if you ask me.  I myself am locked into this annual subscription cost model until I can work out how best to export into something that is affordable for a home user.  
  • Thomas Bowers
    Thomas Bowers Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Thanks Darren. The offer they sent me is for an "upgrade" to my non-subscription 2012 Quicken Home & Business program. I am exceedingly clear that I do not want to be locked into an annual fee, but the upgrade does provide 12 months of automatic share price updates, which would be handy. It seems very misleading to me to sell the product as an "upgrade" when it is really selling one into a subscription service where you have to pay to access your info forever more...
  • Darran
    Darran Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi Thomas, something you may also want to consider before progressing too far.   I recently paid $170 (mandatory to continue using) for Personal Plus 2020.  I run two sets of accounts and for years was able to seamlessly switch between the two QDF Files.  Since upgrading to 2020 I'm no longer able to do this basic function.  I can create new account sets OK, but then again still cannot connect to use.

I reached out to Reckon (who provided with the software download link initially), only to be responded with a message, saying "We would like to inform you that For Reckon Personal Plus we do not have phone or email support available".

As you can imagine I'm not too happy at present (having been a customer for nearly 20 years - original Quicken 6.0 I think was my first product).  There level of service and support for loyal customers has very quickly deteriorated over the past 2 years.

Good luck