2020 windows 10 firewall issue

Options
Brendan Hunt
Brendan Hunt Member Posts: 1
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
After updating to 2020 version and migrating to a new server pc. I can not open company file on a 2nd computer. I get a firewall error. I've configured the firewall on both computers as per instructions. But one thing I'm not sure of is the specific ports. I dont have a port monitor tab to check the required ports. how do I find which ports should be openned?

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Brendan Hunt:     Consider using the CONTROL PANEL to system firewall menus to reach a screen that shows tin Windows Defender Firewall INBOUND RULES.   (Do a windows 10 SEARCH for 'Defender'  For the 2020 version, there port number is 10183.   But I'll illustrate a couple of things here.  There are quite a few that need to be setup:   This old article will give you the idea:   https://help.reckon.com/article/enblspc3sq-kba-3626-errors-h-101-h-202-h-303-h-505-61770-61230-6000-80-83-on-network-environment

• FileManagement.exe
    • QBDBMgr.exe
    • QBDBMgrN.exe
    • QBGDSPlugin.exe
    • QBW32.exe

In C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks or ReckonAccounts:

(same directory for Accounts Business 2020)

• QBCFMonitorService.exe
    • QBUpdate.exe
    And the Protocols and Ports are the tab that needs to be set accordingly for the YEAR in question (my example was older 2019 at port 10182 ....    but for 2020 it needs to be 10183       

Hope that's a start to help you

Gary

• Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
  • Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    One stopped wondering a long time ago. LOL
  • panorms
    panorms Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi Brendan / Reckon Community members,

I am just new to Reckon, and I am little bit lost in terms of having 2 computers connecting to the same company files (multi-user mode). I have 2 windows 10 computers. No firewall device (just a regular telstra modem).

This would be the one I would be needing to do, right? so that the 2 computers can connect smoothly?

Do i have to do both Inbound Rules and Outbound Rules.....

Also, do i have to do in both workstations (the one hosting the company files, and the one connecting)

cheers,

• gazza73
    edited October 2021
    Options

Panorms

You only need to adjust the setting for the 'Windows Defender Firewall (part of Win10) on the MAIN computer that is controlling the physical storage of, and the sharing of, the company DATA files. And you only need to adjust (add a rule) for INCOMING rules on that machine.

Port number for 2022 will be 10185

quick update: I observe in your question you were dealing with older 2020 version, so port would be 10183.

(the port number increases by one, each year - so it's important to consider the year of software revision in question)

Gary

• panorms
    panorms Member Posts: 7
    Options

Thank you, Gary, for the reply.

Noted, I only have to adjust settings for the "MAIN" computer (the one hosting the company files).

I am using AR 2021, the port number i am using is 10184. Would this be the right settings?

protocol type: UDP

Protocol number: 17

local port: 10184

Remote Port: All Ports

• gazza73
    Options

I've typically set two rules: your one for UDP, plus one for TCP too (can't recall which one is in fact needed). Port is right for 2021: 10184