2nd company file keeps vanishing when switching between two companys (Reckon Hosted)

Options
Ashley Teare
Ashley Teare Member Posts: 5
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted

I have just set up a second company on reckon hosted, when trying to jump between the two it was originally fine but now being the next day my new company has gone. I know I can restore it from back up but I cannot do this every time. Is there something wrong that I am doing? I spent 4 hours making the invoice template and others the same as my other company and now it will be gone. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Ashley - If you go to File - Open or Restore a Company - then browse to your Q drive - do you see both company files there?  if you open one... then go to File - Open Previous Company - then go to the bottom of this list and choose Set Number of previous companies - change this to say 5.  Now go to File - Open or Restore a Company - browse to the other company file and open it... once Open - go to File - Open Previously company - do you now see both datafiles listed there?  
  • Ashley Teare
    Ashley Teare Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hi Linda, it was already set to 5 when I went looking for it, it was not on the Q drive, I have since had my Reckon technician find it but im still curious as to why it keeps dissapearing. Its not fussy as to which company it hides too which isnt helpful!
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I think the answer as to why may lie in whether the files are shares, how they are shared and where they are located... probably a bit tricky via the forum - but maybe your Reckon technician can resolve for you?