500 error on android smart phone and tablet

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
500 error code appears when I use my phone or tablet. I have deleted and reinstalled the app on both divices. But still get the same error.
Photo of rob_dav

rob_dav

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 64,528 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Rob_Dav

Is this error only occurring when you're on the invoice screen or any areas of the app?

Could you please try clearing your app cache and data by going through Settings > Apps > Find the Reckon app in the list and tap it > Storage > Clear Data

Once completed, log back into the Reckon app. Does the same error persist?

Photo of rob_dav

rob_dav

No I would have stated that in the first comment if it was.
This is becoming beyond the joke.
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Which device and Android version are you using and where does this message appear specifically ie. saving, loading an existing invoices, creating a new invoice etc.
Does this happen to ALL invoices in your app or just one one/select few?

We've gone through some testing and can't replicate the error you're encountering so we need more information. 
(Edited)
Photo of rob_dav

rob_dav

Android version 7.0 on a samsung 6 and Android version 8.1.0 on a Samsung Tab A (2018 10.5)
The error occurs when I try to do anything in invoicing and all customers. It happens when I try to create a new invoice, payment to an invoice edit an invoice and with all customers.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Rob,
We've been doing some further testing and the only situation where we've encountered this error on the app is if the invoice has a project assigned to it. Is this the case for you?

It doesn't appear to occur on the full Reckon One web experience or mobile browser but does on the app.
Photo of rob_dav

rob_dav

Hi Rav,
Yes I do have projects assigned to most of my invoices.
And the error is only on the app
Photo of rob_dav

rob_dav

The error is only in invoicing and is still current after clearing dater and cache
Photo of rob_dav

rob_dav

Hi Rav.
No I would have stated that in the first comment if it was.
This is becoming beyond the joke.

Is there a solution to this error as I can not invoice when I am on the road.
Regards