6839 Error code:

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
6839 Error code: I just paid my annual subscription for reckon accounts personal plus 2018 and installed the software from the download link. Now I get the following error. I am unable to back up my file I get the 6839 error and program needs to close with lost of data. Also the program is unable to find my file to open it automatically when I start the program. Totally un-happy with this product.
Photo of Bruce Woods

Bruce Woods

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • Totally un-happy with this product.

Posted 4 months ago

G'day Bruce. 

What operating system are you running, and at what point of installing, loading, running, transacting or exiting the program (or some other aspect of the program) do you experience this error code?

Can you include a screen shot of that error too,, as it would all help understand your situation? 

Thanks

Gary
Photo of Bruce Woods

Bruce Woods

Hi Gary
Windows 10 Pro ver 1803
screen shots attached

After just paying and installing the latest release reckon 2018 

I am having issues backing up files, program states not backing up properly

and the program is not able to locate and open my current file that I have been using, requesting that I locate the file to restore from?

Bruce  I'd like to see the information hidden underneath the error message.  It seems to say that it is backing up "bjw&ll_a....??????"    (Can't read the rest....)     But I'm curious if the file name containing an "&" character is messing things here.....  

Can you open the SAMPLE file and backup the SAMPLE file OK?   IE:  see if you can move the problem from YOUR data file to ANY other data file (such as the SAMPLE file),  so that we can determine if it is a file name/location/size/content issue - OR if it is a WIndows/Reckon/Installation/environment related cause here.

Gary
Photo of Bruce Woods

Bruce Woods

Hi Gary
Thanks for the help, yes it is definitely related to the file name that gets appended on each back up. I shortened the file name manually (as file operations refused to find the file. I got rid of the && etc and it seems to be restoring and backing up ok. The other issue is that if the file is not located in the c:\path ie I have a D:\ data file the program doesn't find the file on re starting and goes through the "Welcome to Reckon accounts process" which is a nuisance.
attached some error screen shots encountered