"POS terminal"

Vahid Tghs
Vahid Tghs Member Posts: 26
edited September 2020 in Point of Sale
I have installed POS on one pc and POS admin on my laptop in a same LAN
but I can not see the POS in Admin and post data from POS to Accounting as well.

Comments

• Vahid Tghs
    Vahid Tghs Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2014
    Any solution?
  • Hoang
    Hoang Alumni Posts: 48
    edited July 2014
    Hi Vahid,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

You will need to install POS admin and Reckon Accounts together on one machine and POS terminal on the other, you also need to create a map drive to store the POS database file (QBPOS.PDB) so both machines will have access to it.

Only Windows XP, 7/8 Professional or higher are supported for this environment and it is recommended that you contact an IT professional to setup the network sharing.

Regards,
    Hoang
  • Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2020

By default Andrew the PDB file sits on the C Drive of the machine where POS Admin is installed. You are quite correct though - it 'can' also sit on the machine where the POS terminal is installed, and then linked back to the POS admin via a mapped drive.

Why do this? When the PDB is on the same machine as the terminal, the terminal can still run even if the POS Admin machine is turned off / unavailable. This is best practice when the terminal is operated by staff outside of hours when the admin machine may be powered down (say weekends).

As the admin machine will also have Reckon Accounts loaded, and possibly other sensitive data, it is often the case that this machine is off when the owner / manager is not onsite.

How did you get on by the way Vahid?

Regards,

Jason Hollis - Partner Relationship Manager

• david mac
    david mac Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2015
    i have an issue with the pos admin not seeing the PDB files on terminal, how do i make admin look at the terminal for the PDB files???