ABA file not working. Help please!

Lynette_9715979
Lynette_9715979 Member Posts: 8
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
We are having problems with creating an ABA file in Reckon Hosted 2018. The problem appears to be intermittent. Have done a full file rebuild before update to 2018. The employees appear in the ABA file screen but when click on preview ABA file no employees show up. We have had to key approx 90 pays into the bank manually and can't keep doing this each time it doesn't work! 

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2020
    Some things to try Lynette... 1.  Create a new Payroll Suspense Bank account and turn on the Online option. 2. make sure the Online Banking Centre is closed while processing payroll 3. Do a dummy payrun for say 2 employees - making sure you select the new Payroll Suspense account... 4.  Open the Online Banking Centre - select the new Payroll Suspense account - check they are showing.. check if the Preview ABA file works?  if it does - just delete the pays... and use this new suspense account next time...
    In the past I have found that I only get this issue if I either  1) have the Online Banking Centre open when I am processing the pays or 2)  I have the OBC open - then I go and edit a pay and come back to the OBC screen...

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I also successfully use that Suspense Bank account too. Another option, with so many payments to re-key, would be to go to your template in your online banking for the last pay and see whether your bank allows you to re-process it a second time with some changes.  I know that this is possible with some banks.
    John L G
  • Lynette_9715979
    edited July 2020
    Thanks Linda and John. Will try the suspense bank account and see if that fixes the problem. We don't have the OBC open when we process the pays so that doesn't appear to be the cause.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Lynette.  There is another reason where nothing shows in the preview ABA file window.  This happens when you complete your pay but before doing the banking side of it, go back and make an alteration for an employee's pay.  Do that and the ABA file is definitely killed.  I know, because I have had to go back and re-do the pay in order to overcome this - I only have around 10 employees though and not 90!
    John L G
  • Lynette_9715979
    edited July 2018
    Thanks John will keep this in mind! In regards to the payroll suspense account (which I have yet to try), what would be the theory behind this? Is it not the same as creating another bank account with the same online banking details? Why would it be any different to using the existing one?
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2018
    Lynette - the existing one could be corrupt and creating a new one might fix the problem... worth a try...
  • Lynette_9715979
    edited July 2018
    Oh OK I see thanks Linda!