ABA files

Options
Nadine_7038085
Nadine_7038085 Member Posts: 1
edited November 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I use ABA files for payroll and paying bills and used to save them to my own drive but when I go to the drop down box it only shows the Q drive.  If I save it there I cant copy and paste it.  Has anyone created an ABA file yet?

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Nadine,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Transferring files between Hosted and your local computer has changed a little in the new version.

Save your ABA file to your Q drive.  Click the Download icon in the top right, select your file from the Q drive and it will download to your Downloads folder on your computer.  There, you can move it to any location.  

There's a video guide to downloading and uploading files on the new Accounts Hosted at:
    https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/uploading_and_downloading_company_files_ot_the_new_reckon_accounts_hosted .

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John.

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Jason,

If you are in your company file and can't see Q drive to save your ABA file, save it to your B drive.  Then click on the Download Icon in the top right and select your ABA from the B drive to save to your Downloads folder on your local computer.  Once you exit Hosted, any non backup files in B drive will be deleted.  

If you can't see your Q drive to open a company file, then you'll need to log off, wait 10 minutes and log on again.  If you still can't see Q drive then repeat these steps.  If Q drive remains elusive then you'll have to contact Technical Support for further assistance.  

regards,
    John

• JO_7038436
    JO_7038436 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2015
    Options

I'm having the same trouble, I don't have those downloads/ upload icon's as display in the video, I have one icon there and it of a picture of a keyboard. any suggestions?

• Lesley Xerri
    Lesley Xerri Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Tip..... Set your browser to always ask where you want to download the file to, then you can rename the file and choose your ABA files folder - works a treat!
  • Peter Ryke
    Peter Ryke Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2014
    Options
    My laptop also has a picture of a keyboard instead of the arrow up and down, but if I login using chrome its all good
  • luke_7042950
    luke_7042950 Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2015
    Options
    what a joke this all is....

when i open my file from the new downloaded section it trys to open as a pdf, and then tells me that its not supported and forces me to close out.

been on hold for 20 min to the advantage technical support line...

any Idea's 
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Luke, can you post up a screen shot of the file your trying to open (and where from)? Thanks, Mirko
  • SR
    SR Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2016
    Options
    WHY in the name of GOD did you people decide to "improve" a program that was just fine!
  • Kelly Day
    Kelly Day Accredited Partner Posts: 43 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited November 2019
    Options
    FOR GOOGLE CHROME:

ABA Files

BEFORE DOING ABA OR ANY OTHER DOWNLOAD:

Content Settings
    Go to Downloads
    Tick "Ask where to save each file before downloading"
    This will help when downloading ABA files/Saving Excel Exports etc from "My Live Q" drive
    Close the Settings Tab

IN RECKON ACCOUNTS HOSTED:

1.    Online Banking

2.    Create ABA File

3.    Save In: My Live Q – create new folder in My Live Q called – ABA Files

4.    Select New Folder: ABA Files

5.    Save File name of your ABA File – i.e. XXX Payroll YYYY-MM-DD

6.    Click ‘Download Button’ (upper right of screen)

7.    Look In: My Live Q

8.    Locate your ABA File folder

9.    Select your ABA file you previously named, i.e. XXX Payroll YYYY-MM-DD

10. Save to your preferred location on your hard drive.