ABN already registered

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Hi,
I am having the same issue where "ABN has already been registered, if you have one, please try a different GST branch" error.

I tried to call Support but no answer as well as email support but no answer for nearly a week.

Can you help please?

My ABN: 47 099 886 423
email:  ton.sam@gmail.com

Thanks in advance
Sam

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: ABN registered Reckon GovConnect, please help.
Photo of Sam Ton

Sam Ton

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,330 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sam,
There are a couple of things happening here so I've split this off into a new post.

Firstly, it looks like this ABN is already registered to the micro-business STP app. Is this what you're looking to use or do you currently use a Reckon accounting software product for your payroll?

The second aspect of this was that it looks like you've tried to register the ABN to the GovConnect service (which is for users of Reckon accounting software) however there was an error on the registration. I've cleared the error now so it can be registered to GovConnect IF that's what you need.

Let me know.
Photo of Sam Ton

Sam Ton

Hi Rav,
Yes, i would like to connect to GovConnect for my STP via reckon one payroll and accounting via pc portal.
I do not want to register via the micro STP for less than 4 employees. I mistakenly try this through mobile apps and it appeared to have register unintentionally.
Thanks for clearing the blocker.
Will update you once i try tonight
Cheers
Photo of Sam Ton

Sam Ton

Hi Rav,

Quick update;
I was able to connect to GovConnect and register the Software ID. 
Then registered this Software ID via ATO using Access Manager.
All good now

Thanks for your help
Regards,
Sam
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 90,030 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Good stuff Sam.
I've also deleted the ABN registration from the STP app this morning so its only the GovConnect service active for you.
Photo of Jianbin Wang

Jianbin Wang

• 70 Points
Hi Rav,

Please help me with the same issue. I initially tried the Reckon STP app and registered my ABN in that app. I have subsequently realised the app is only for 4 or less employees and thus its not suitable for me to use, hence I have subscribed to Reckon One.

Now when I try to get log into Reckon GovConnect the error message of "ABN has already been registered, if you have one, please try a different GST branch" came up as well.

My question is how do I de-register my ABN number from the Reckon STP app and use it with my Reckon One account?

Many thanks
Jay
Photo of Jianbin Wang

Jianbin Wang

• 70 Points
Hi Rav,

My ABN number is 85181473320 and my email address for both the STP app and my Reckon One account is kumonboxhill@gmail.com

Thanks
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 87,542 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jianbin,
I've removed the ABN registration from the app.
You can go ahead and register it on the GovConnect service now and it will go through fine.

Let me know how you get on.
Photo of Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

• 60 Points
Hi Rav, I'm having the same problem, could you reset mine please? ABN is 37309383854. Email is admin@sunriser.com.au. Thanks very much! Nathan
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Should be good to go now Nathan.

Cheers
Photo of Sunyoung Kim

Sunyoung Kim

• 72 Points
Hi Rav,

I have same problem, could you please reset mine? ABN is 13 624 705 871. Email is sunyoug@nexusacc.com. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sun
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Sun,
Should be fine now, try registering in GovConnect again when you've next got a chance.
Photo of Sunyoung Kim

Sunyoung Kim

• 72 Points
Thank you so much. Now I''ve successfully registered in GovConnect with no drama. 
Photo of Annie Mintern

Annie Mintern

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm also having this problem. ABN is 75406338816 email is either: superfeast@outlook.com or anniemintern@hotmail.com
(Edited)
Photo of Annie Mintern

Annie Mintern

Can someone please help me with this? I've deleted the app and also noticed that the app was registered to a different abn which was incorrect.
Photo of Annie Mintern

Annie Mintern

I also can't find my software id but I'm assuming this is because I haven't registered with GovConnect yet??
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Annie,
Can you try registering your ABN in GovConnect now please. It should work without issue.
Photo of LyndaC

LyndaC

• 400 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav

I am having the same issue with ABN  90057824612

Thanks

Lynda
Photo of Charlie Cheung

Charlie Cheung

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,
I have the same problem. When I login with the email address below, the Reckon App said my ABN is already be registered.
ABN 24601430031
email: charliecccheung@yahoo.com.au
Would you please reset it for me ?
Thanks.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 89,740 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Charlie,
When I search this ABN, I can see that its already registered in the STP app under that email address (charlieccchueng@yahoo.com.au). 

When you are attempting to login to the app, are you using the above email address or are you using something else? ie. if you login with the above email address, it shouldn't ask you to register the ABN again, it will just show the existing registration.
(Edited)
Photo of Charlie Cheung

Charlie Cheung

Hi Rav,
Thanks for your prompt response.
I just realised i have used a wrong email address to login.
(the email you searched)

My correct email should be :
charliecccheung@yahoo.com.au

Can you please change it to the correct email address ?
Cheers
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 84,938 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Ah ok, I see what's happened now, sorry I didn't notice that small difference between the two email addresses initially.

Ok, so what you need to do from here is this;
Head over here and login with your CURRENT app account login credentials which currently is an 'incorrect' email address ie.charlieccchueng@yahoo.com.au

Once you're logged in, click on 'Profile' in the top right corner then edit your email address to the correct one & save it. 

Once that's done, login with your new/correct email address & password and you should be good to go.
Photo of Nikolas Inglezakis

Nikolas Inglezakis

Hi I registered with STP on the app for the tax office - the wrong ABN & company details came up without me doing anything & it's mentioned a branch No & Strata plan

Howe do I reset it or edit my details???

Nikolas
(Edited)
Photo of Charlie Cheung

Charlie Cheung

Fixed it

Thank You