abn already registered error

Options
Jeff Rosenbauer
Jeff Rosenbauer Member Posts: 3
edited October 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Getting a ABN already registered error ABN 65 100 134 557 Trustee for the Rosenbauer Family Trust,any help would be appreciated,running accounts hosted
Cheers Ron

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi Ron,
    When I take a look at that ABN in our database, I can see that its already been registered to the micro-business STP app AND ALSO to the GovConnect service.

There have been submissions sent from the app for the ABN as well which needs some attention.
    You've mentioned you're running Reckon Accounts Hosted, can you tell me the situation around the previous submissions from the app ie. were you using the app previously and have now moved over to Reckon Accounts Hosted?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jeff Rosenbauer
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Thanks Rav
    I only started in July and the portal and gov connect were already set up,I am guessing that the log in details i am using may be different to the ones used by the previous bookkeeper.We have been running Hosted for a number of years and i am using the company directors user name and password. is it possible to reset and start again?
    looking forward to a solution to this.
    Cheers Ron

• Jeff Rosenbauer
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Good Morning
    Still waiting for some answers on this problem.I have seem where some people have set up a second branch tried this and i have sent through the first pay run will have to wait and see if the ATO receive the file.Still would like to know why we couldn't delete the first attempt and start from scratch.
    Cheers
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Apologies for not getting back to you on this one Ron.
    Lets cover off a couple of things here that need attention.
    I have seem where some people have set up a second branch tried this and i have sent through the first pay run will have to wait and see if the ATO receive the file.
    Does your ABN have a branch number in reality? If it doesn't then this submission won't go through and its not something I'd recommend doing either.

The main problem here is that you've mentioned you've been using Reckon Accounts Hosted but the ABN has been registered in our smartphone micro-business STP app back in June and submissions have been sent from the ABN for it as well.
    Now I can't tell if these submissions have been successful or why this has been done so this is something I need you to check and confirm. The app account is under the same email address that your Reckon Community account is under.

The other thing about this is, the ABN (without a branch number) is ALSO registered in the GovConnect service already back in June also. The email address for the Reckon Portal account its under is also the same email address that you're using for this Reckon Community account.

Moving forward from here, since you're a Reckon Accounts Hosted user I'm going to assume that you will be processing your payroll functions from within Hosted and NOT the STP smartphone app correct?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.