ABN needed?

Nikita
Nikita Member Posts: 6
edited December 2019 in Reckon One
Is there any way possible to report STP without the company's ABN?

We just process payroll for one employee of a foreign company and there are no other tax obligations. We have TFN for the company, would that work? Or would we have to apply for ABN?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,377 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2019
    Hi Nikita,
    Our STP services require an ABN to be registered in order to allow submissions.
    WPN's are also supported however only when using Reckon One or Payroll Premier products currently.

It might be best to have a look at the requirements around Single Touch Payroll reporting from the ATO as a starting off point here - https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Single-Touch-Payroll/

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Nikita
    edited December 2019

Hi Rav,

Thank you for your reply.

We have WPN, but when I attempt to connect through Reckon Gov Connect, it doesn't go through.

Is there any digits/combination that I am supposed to use?

Or is STP is not required for WPN holders.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,377 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2019
    Hi Nikita,
    Just to double check, are you using Reckon One as your accounting software?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Nikita
    edited December 2019

Yes, that is correct
  • Rav
    edited December 2019
    When you attempt to register in GovConnect, what is happening specifically? Are you encountering a specific error message or is something in particular happening?

If you're getting an error could you post a screenshot here if possible.

Cheers

• Nikita
    edited December 2019
    Error simply states invalid ABN when I try verifying WPN in Reckon GovConnect.

Apart from that, I found out that WPN holders are exempt from STP reporting until July 2020. So it's good for now. But would there be any update on how are WPN holders supposed to report through STP?