Access violation at address 0082CD2F in module 'EliteCentral.exe'. Read of address 00000048.

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Yesterday morning I took the new update of Reckon Elite Practice Management. I now get the following message - Access violation at address 0082CD2F in module 'EliteCentral.exe'. Read of address 00000048. We are unable to access practice management. We logged a call yesterday and have not had a response. The issue has now been increased to critical several hours ago, but still nothing. We are sitting around unable to do any work. Has anyone else had this issue when taking the new upgrade?
Photo of greg

greg

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Peter French

Peter French

• 382 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Greg I am very sorry for you. 

Something is very wrong at Reckon, and according to the ATO we are not the only complaining practitioners.I tried phoning them [Reckon] today and was told by some to PRESS POUND SIGN OR STAR which I did and then got told to PRESS POUND SIGN OR STAR and then told to PRESS POUND SIGN OR STAR. If I want to get giddy, I will hit the piss! I suppose it is a change from 3 days last week when I got promptly told by a detached voice every time I phoned over 3 days that NO ONE IS AVAILABLE TO HELP YOU - CLUNK!

Himanshu who is a business development manager there has been very supportive and helped where he can, but where the hell are their IT support people? They blamed the Indian provider and closed it ... ? I left MYOB because of rude/deficient backup service. Now MYOB and Reckon merge so maybe this is a conditioning exercise for us?

No trusts are able to be lodged. They want me to transfer the clients file and clients have objected. I have sent screen shots but apparently not good enough.

ATO gave me an additional extension of time yesterday to 20 April, so hopefully I have 'other' software with which to lodge all of the trust returns by then.
Photo of Yuk Wong

Yuk Wong

• 62 Points

I have same problem, I called but elite cut me off. may need to serious consider change software now

Photo of Peter French

Peter French

• 382 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yes l understand. Thus us my 50th year in practice abd first public accounting/tax software 1975.

I left MYOB years back and k hope they dobt buy reckon! I looked at Thimpson Reuters product paid and got a full refund 2 months back ... need say no more.

HUMANSHU will get this message. A top fellow an accountant, true blue and now in new business..

Their service at times can't be complained about as it does not exist. The blamed Indua brought it back in shore but all indications are that it is seriously under resourced.

Reckon pull your finger out and gives us some real service.

I am still waiting to resolve the problem of returns not lodged but Reckon saying they are. Individuals and trusts. Significant incomes abd clients who wont sue me but will sue Reckon.
(Edited)
Photo of Miriam Bailey

Miriam Bailey

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have been unable to work all day! It's the busiest time of year and I cant do a return!
REckon - I lodged a support request via email, I got a message saying it was an issue... this needs to be fixed ASAP. I can deal with a day of downtime, but I have clients booked in to sign their returns which I CANT PRINT because I cant get in to the system!!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.