Accessing old QPW (2008) files

Shaun_10716433
Shaun_10716433 Member Posts: 3
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am trying to access old QPW files from 2008-2013. I tried installing a trial of old Reckon software to open the QPW files but the version either wouldn't recognize the file or wouldn't work on Windows 10. Can you provide me with a way to open these older files. Read-Only is fine. 

Comments

• Janos
    Janos Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2020
    Shaun,
    QPW extensions are Quattro Pro files. Are you sure you are looking at the right data file?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited June 2020
    QPW files were quick payroll for windows data files also, and QPB was the backup
  • Shaun_10716433
    edited June 2020
    Yep these would be the files I'm trying to open. Any ideas on how to open them in Windows 10? Currently don't have the old version of any of the software.
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited June 2020
    I have a version of Elite Payroll which is what quick payroll split to and used the same format and file structure. I don't know if it would work or how big the file is but I’m happy to give it a try. I can send my email or you can use wetransfer .com
  • Shaun_10716433
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for the offer Kris. I'd rather not send the file out to third parties. I'll try to get access to the Quickbooks Payroll software and sort it out on my end. Appreciate your help.
  • Kris_Williams
    edited June 2020
    Understand. I’m in Liverpool Sydney, where are you?