accounting for multiple companies / entities?

justine_6795437
justine_6795437 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
does reckon have accounting for multiple companies / entities?

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hey Justine,

Welcome to the Reckon Community and thank you for your question.

All Reckon Business range products offer accounting for multiple companies/entities.

Now there are two ways of doing this;

1. You can create ONE company file, and set up the separate entities as CLASSES - applicable if all entities are on the same ABN/ACN number.

And; 2. Create INDIVIDUAL company files, and run each entity separately. This method is applicable if each entity has its own ABN/ACN.

Note: Only Accounts Enterprise can produce a Consolidated Reports consisting of data from multiple company files.

Hope this clears things up.

Cheers,
    Mirko

• Matt Eldridge
    Matt Eldridge Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014
    How does it work with sending emails with 2 entities?
  • Kay Smart, Accredited Consultant
    Kay Smart, Accredited Consultant Member Posts: 49
    edited August 2014
    The only way I have found is to change the default email in Outlook to the email you wish to send from before you start the email process.
  • Steph_7416783
    Steph_7416783 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    We have a Reckon accounts file that has nine different entities (all separate ABNs) and as at 1 July 2015 we will be setting up each entity with a new Reckon accounts file. 

I am wondering what the most effective way to do this would be, including bringing in prior year movement and opening balances.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!
  • Patrick McKenna
    Patrick McKenna Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2015
    Did you get any resolution to this Steph? I'm looking for a similar product?

• Stephanie_7026771
    Stephanie_7026771 Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2016
    MOYB allows for multiple entities (different ABN) to be open at same time. After 15 years of Quickbooks, I'm going to have to go over to MOYB for this feature ... not happy ... but what can I do, logging in and out continually to cross balance accounts is a right royal pain in the ****.
  • Julia_8925061
    Julia_8925061 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2018
    I agree with Stephanie, is there an update for this feature for allowing us to open multiple entities at the same time?