Accounts 2015 default company file

Options
Chelsea Carr
Chelsea Carr Member Posts: 3
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
When we open Accounts 2015 on our computer, I would like it to automatically open our company file. How do we set our company file as the default, to make it quicker when we open Accounts.

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Chelsea

I would have expected Reckon Accounts (desktop)  to start opening the same company you logged into last time.   But short of that,  here is one way to do this, PROVIDED THAT you understand the responsibility of keeping files named appropriately and in a known place. 

IE:  each year you UPGRADE your software,  you may need to review the name and location of the company file that I'm going to suggest you TARGET as the place and name of the 'shortcut.

You don't want to be running the WRONG company file next year!

So here's one approach:

Like any computer running Windows, there's basically only TWO things:  -
    - the PROGRAM  you want to run
    - the DATA FILE you want that program to play with

If you approach life from the DATA FILE point of view,  then the operating system (Windows)  will help you access that DATA FILE with the appropriate program. 

Simply put a SHORTCUT onto your DESKTOP,  of the "xxxx.QBW"  file that you want to immediately log into.   (If you dance around between different companies, you can have a few such shortcuts.)

When you double-click that "shortcut to companyname.QBW"  icon,   Reckon Accounts will start up (as a program,) and present you with the company login screen.

There'll be other techniques too, I'm sure.....

Cheers!

Gary Pope
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant  (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-accounts-clarified/
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
          independent IT Professional
    and retired FCPA Accountant"
  • Chelsea Carr
    Chelsea Carr Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks Gary, the company file came up automatically on our second opening of Accounts, thanks for your fast reply, Chelsea
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Terrific.....   That's the way I've typically found it working.  But I was curious why you appeared to have some other experience, and needed to ask.  Oh well,  all done and dusted.

Gary