Accounts 2015 not remembering previously used invoice template

Chris Mil
Chris Mil Member Posts: 6
edited April 2018 in Accounts Hosted
Accounts 2015 is not remembering previously used invoice template. It defaults to one of the Reckon ones and the one I use is the Customised Invoice. 

Seriously ... who could have been bothered to change the way THAT worked in this version?

Yet another useless mouse-click to deal with the "improvements".

How can I make it default to the one I want?

Comments

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Hi Chris Go to lists > Templates and make all the templates inactive except the one you use. Graham Boast 0409317366 Reckon Accredited Consultant graham@reckonhelp.com.au http://reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited April 2018

Hi Chris,

This has been reported as an issue.

Here is a link to what you need to do:

http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5259

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited April 2015
    I have a problem where my customised Remittance advice won't stay as the default one. I have even gone and made the original one inactive but it still shows as the default one. any help appreciated.
  • Donna Pinnell
    Donna Pinnell Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2016
    I have already upgraded to Accounts 2015, so it's not possible to reopen 2014 to export any lists.
  • Broni K Beerling
    Broni K Beerling Member Posts: 32
    edited August 2017
    yes us too having this issue :((((

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Hi Donna,
    You would have taken a backup as part of the upgrade process.
    You can contact either a Reckon Accredited Partner like myself:
    http://home.reckon.com.au/support/Home/ReckonSupport/FindAReckonAccreditedPartner.aspx
    Or you can contact Reckon for a copy of the 2014 software that you can install locally, download your backup and open the file.
    Kind regards,
    Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)
  • Donna Pinnell
    edited October 2016
    Thanks Sally, but it's too late. I had to recreate them all first thing yesterday morning so we could do our days work.  It would have been better if we knew that the overwrite was going to be part of the upgrade to begin with and I would have done that as part of the upgrade on Friday night.
  • Donna Pinnell
    edited October 2016
    Why has the format of every previous invoice I have done using the customised reckon invoice template now been changed to a packing slip, even where one was not used?

I could understand it if I had used the Delivery note template, but I didn't.
  • Belinda Constable
    Belinda Constable Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2015
    Thanks Chris - worked perfectly!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2015
    Thanks Graham. This worked for me. 
  • Ross Headifen
    Ross Headifen Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2015
    Reckon say it will learn the preferred templates if you hit save and new rather than save and exit.  So we are tying this to see if it works.
  • Peta Schiller
    Peta Schiller Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2015

Graham you are a gem!
    I have had this problem for months and thought it was me doing something wrong.
    Glad I did a search for this query on Reckon tonight :)