accounts home & business

Options
Atlanta_6787102
Atlanta_6787102 Member Posts: 21
I am running Accounts Home & Business 2013 on a Windows 7 system.
I recently downloaded a trial version of latest Accounts Home & Business to install on my 'test bed' Windows 10 system to check for compatibility.  The program installed OK but would not open my H&B 2013 data file, the error was something like 'unsupported features'
Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Atlanta,

Thanks for asking the Reckon Community.

Firstly, current and older versions of Home & Business are not fully compatible with Windows 10 so you may experience some features not working as intended.  It does install OK and most other issues are bypassed by setting your launch icon to Run As Administrator (right click > Properties > Compatibility).  The 2016 version will be Windows 10 compatible. 

Its unusual for Home & Business to give an error of "unsupported features" as this version has all the features of the Reckon Accounts Personal range.  It is possible that the programme did not install properly.  Please uninstall it and try again.  

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John.
  • Atlanta_6787102
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thanks John, went through install again and now it works fine on my H&B 2013 files.

Have another question now,

This particular computer had Quicken 2003 installed on it which transferred successfully when I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 but of course I had to uninstall it prior to installing Accounts H&B 2015 trial copy. 

Can I buy an upgrade license to use on this computer to activate the trial H&B 2015 download and would there be any problems with the H&B 2013 I am running on my other computer.

In effect what I am trying to do is have 2 computers which both have activated but different versions of Accounts H&B yet are capable of utilizing the same data file (not at same time obviously)
  • Reckon FAQs
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Atlanta,

H&B datafiles are configured to work only on the one version of the programme so they can't be shared across different year versions.  

regards,
    John
  • Atlanta_6787102
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Don't want to disagree with you John, but I am  successfully running my H&B 2013 data file on my main Win 7 computer with H&B 2013 installed and my spare computer with Win 10 and the trial version of H&B 2015 as I indicated in previous post.
    So the question remains, can I buy an upgrade license for the trial H&B 2015

Frank
  • Reckon FAQs
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Frank, thanks for the update.

As an existing H&B customer you are entitled to an upgrade license that sells at a discount to the full version license.

regards,
    John