Accounts Hosted 2015 R2 when switching between pc programs using ALT-TAB, the cursor in Accounts jum

Wendy_7689800
Wendy_7689800 Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I often switch between pc programs to check data (eg switch between Accounts and viewing an invoice) and if I use ALT-TAB to do that, the cursor in Accounts jumps forward to the next input field. So, if I'm not careful, I end up keying in the wrong field, but otherwise it's just a waste of time trying to find where the cursor ended up, especially if I have switched back & forth a couple of times. It doesn't do this if I use the mouse, but that's very inefficient. 
I'm using Chrome as browser, and have this problem at two different companies for whom I work. 

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Wendy - I agree with you totally.  I regularly do the same sort of thing as you are doing and have exactly the same problem.  It is a most annoying problem, but strangely, once in a blue moon, it doesn't jump when I would have thought it would.  I am not consciously aware of any other program or procedure that I am involved with where this same annoying problem occurs.  This only happens in Hosted and not in the desktop version - I know this because I use both systems.  John G
  • Wendy_7689800
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for the reply John, and good to mention, I also did not have the problem on the desktop version prior to recently moving to hosted. 
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2020
    Hi Wendy and John,

Thanks for raising this behaviour.

There is another programme running in the background that manages your connection with Hosted.  By the position of the mouse it determines whether the active window is Hosted or your Browser/PC.  If your mouse pointer is on Hosted then any short-cut key is directed to Hosted.  If you move your mouse pointer to another part of your Browser or onto your Desktop it will pick up the Browser/Desktop as the active screen and allow any short-cuts to be processed by it and not Hosted.

I hope this clarifies how short-cuts are managed on Hosted.  

regards,
    John

• Jenny_9381306
    Jenny_9381306 Member Posts: 30
    edited November 2017
    Hi, did you ever figure out how to stop this happening?
    ...its most annoying
  • Wendy_7689800
    edited November 2017
    Hi, I still have the problem. There was a response from Reckon, but it refers to short-cuts and moving the mouse pointer and I can't see how it is relevant. . For me, it doesn't have anything to do with short-cuts and usually I am not moving the pointer. 
    For me, I usually switch screens just to get information off another screen in order to input into Hosted - eg I might have a spreadsheet open on one screen, press alt-tab back and forth to Hosted where I am doing input. Very annoying. And more annoying that it doesn't happen all the time, so just when I anticipate that it will happen, it doesn't. 
  • Wendy_7689800
    edited November 2017
    sorry I didn't reply earlier, I don't remember seeing this answer. 
    I am not sure how this clarification is relevant to my question, but happy to be corrected.
    For me, it doesn't have anything to do with short-cuts and usually I am not moving the pointer. 
    For me, I usually switch screens just to get information off another screen in order to input into Hosted - eg I might have a spreadsheet open on one screen, press alt-tab back and forth to Hosted where I am doing input. I am not actually moving the pointer.

And more annoying that it doesn't happen all the time, so just when I anticipate that it will happen, it doesn't.
  • John Graetz
    edited November 2017
    Hi Wendy.  The likely cause is the browser that you are using.  I have switched to using Internet Explorer 11 for Hosted and no longer do I have this problem.  In addition I no longer have the issue with copying and pasting that happens when using other browsers.  Also, when using IE11, almost all of the old desktop program version shortcuts work as well.  I previously used Google Chrome, but the experience for me is generally much better when using IE11.
    John L G
  • Jenny_9381306
    edited November 2017
    Hi John
    Thanks for your tip. I just tried using Hosted in IE11 and it did stop the problem of jumping to the next field when using Alt-tab ! However the copy and paste function did not work when copying text from another application (only from within Hosted)...also there was no Clipboard option so no alternative for copying information in to Hosted.
  • John Graetz
    edited November 2017
    Hi Jenny.  When using IE11, you do not need the Hosted clipboard anymore.  The copy and paste function works (for me) exactly the same as when I am working outside of Hosted.  I have just done a copy from another application, then paste (Ctrl-V) into a general journal entry and it works perfectly.  This works off the windows clipboard, not the Hosted clipboard.
    John L G
  • Jenny_9381306
    edited November 2017
    Hi John
    You are very lucky...mine will not accept the pasted info (nothing happens). I really wish it did! Oh well...back to the Clipboard in Chrome.
    Thanks again,
    Jenny.

• John Graetz
    edited November 2017
    Hi Jenny
    Have a look at this and see if it might give you some options to try:
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/_do_you_want_to_allow_the_webpage_to_access_your_clipboar...

John L G

• Jenny_9381306
    edited November 2017
    Hi John
    Ha! I love you!...this has changed my life !!!
    Thank you so much,
    Jenny.
  • John Graetz
    edited November 2017
    What a great start to the week Jenny.  Great that you have achieved what we were trying to do.
    John L G