Accounts Hosted - Salary Sacrifice Laptop

Carol McDonald
Carol McDonald Member Posts: 18
edited June 2019 in Accounts Hosted
We will purchase laptop for employee and he will salary sacrifice. How do I set this up on Accounts Hosted please?

Comments

• Tanya Briggs
    Tanya Briggs Accredited Partner Posts: 75 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited May 2019
    Add a Deduction to your Payroll Items list, call it Sal Sac Laptop.  In the Tax Tracking Type screen, select Gross Payments.  In the Taxes screen, select PAYG Tax. Add the new payroll item to the employee's record.
    when you prepare the pays for the employee, add the item to the Other Payroll Items box and enter the amount sacrificed from this pay as a negative.
    I've just played around with this, so I'm happy to be corrected!
  • Carol McDonald
    edited May 2019
    Hi Tanya thanks for your reply. Just another question please - does the purchase of the laptop get assigned to payroll liabilities or its own new liabilty account?
  • Tanya Briggs
    Tanya Briggs Accredited Partner Posts: 75 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited May 2019
    During the setup of the payroll item Sal Sac Laptop, you choose which liability account is linked to it (the default is Payroll Liabilities).  Just code the purchase of the laptop to whatever liability account is linked to the payroll item.

• Carol McDonald
    edited May 2019
    Thanks again Tanya :)