Accounts Hosted

Nanna Brane
Nanna Brane Member Posts: 7
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi, I have Reckon Hosted and have successfully updated my system to 2019. My accountant have been trying to log on from her computer remotely when I am not on which we have done many times in the past, however the system is asking her to open or restore an existing company. We are unsure why this is being asked since she is accessing my backed up file in Hosted. Thank you in advance for replies :) 

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Nanna

Couple of things not clear on :-

1. log in remotely from her computer? Does this means she is accessing your PC remotely using a software so she actually is in your PC.
    2. You say she is accessing your backup file, you can't access a backed up file you have to restore one, which is why it is asking to restore.

Why isn't your company file shared with your accountant, this is done by your accountant registering for their own ID (free last time I looked for Accountants accessing shared folders). You need to create a new user in your file with Accountant/bookkeeper access for them to use.

Once the file is shared with their user ID then they can access the file anytime they like from their PC.

If they are using a backup of yours they have to have the desktop enterprise program to restore the backup to.

** you cannot open a back up file anywhere you have to restore.