Accounts payable balance

Scott_9268347
Scott_9268347 Member Posts: 4
edited February 2020 in Reckon One
HI, I have recently started using Reckon One. When I enter bills, the balance in my accounts payable does not reflect any bills i enter and has a zero balance, am i doing something wrong when entering bills.

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Hi Scott,

This will be due having your tax and report Settings set to Cash basis.  Change them to Accrual and you will see the balance in accounts payable.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Scott_9268347
    Scott_9268347 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2017
    Hi Shane,

Thank you for your reply. I did try changing the tax reporting settings to accrual but this had no effect on the accounts payable figure. I tried as a test to make a payment to a bill which also had no effect on the figure until i un linked the payment from the bill which then gave a negative figure in account payable account until I deleted the payment all together which then put the accounts payable figure back to zero.

Regards 
    Scott
  • Jon_7579451
    Jon_7579451 Alumni Posts: 43
    edited September 2017
    Hi Scott

I spotted this discussion and wanted to check if you are still having issues?

If so, can you check your general report settings please? I note you have changed tax report settings but as Shane states, we have 2 separate settings.

Go to Administration > Settings > Report Settings. What report basis is set? You may need to change this to 'Cash basis'.

Also, each report has an individual override. On the report itself, choose 'Show more options' and check that the reporting basis is set as 'Cash'.

Regards

Jon 
    Reckon One UK