Accounts Personal Plus 2016/2017 Windows 10. Investing Portfolio Update.

• Problem
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Not a Problem
. I have shares where I can update current prices BUT 4 shares will not update. I have checked all details, Symbol is correct, share is ticked for update .  Any help please? Thanks
Photo of Lionel

Lionel

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 25,370 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Lionel,

Please check the Security details again.  For an Australian share it should look like:

Its important that the Type is not Market Index.

Also,  in One Step Update Settings go to Select Quotes and ensure those shares are ticked in the list.

Hope this helps.

regards,
John
Photo of Lionel

Lionel

Thanks John for your response.  I have been over this many times and all is in order, except there is no price download.  All my share prices download except 4.  I cannot find the reason.             Regards,          

Lionel
Photo of John G

Hi Lionel,

Which 4 shares are they?

regards,
John
Photo of Lionel

Lionel

MGE, SIV, JHG, TNE.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,   Lionel
Photo of Robyn Kelly

Robyn Kelly, Accredited Partner

• 3,326 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Hi Lionel, I recently had a client where 4 shares were not updating too.  What I discovered was that they had multiple securities (different investment accounts) with the same symbol but different security names.  Once I changed transactions (you need to be very cautious in doing this) to only have the one security name prices then updated correctly.

The other thing to try that I seem to remember is to check all of your securities are listed as "Stock" and "Australia" not just the ones you are having trouble with.

Good luck

Robyn Kelly

Photo of Lionel

Lionel

Hi Robyn, Many thanks for taking the time to respond. I have checked all your points again BUT all is in order. So I am still lost.
Regards
Lionel 
Photo of Robyn Kelly

Are those shares ticked to "Watch" and have you tried validating & super validating?  Validate you don't need to hold down CTRL & SHIFT in the following instructions: http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=2784 

Regards, Robyn

Photo of Lionel

Lionel

Hi Robyn, Thanks, yes they are ticked  to "watch". I have now validated and will see what happens updating tomorrow, as I updated manually this morning. Will advise. Again thanks
Regards
Lionel
Photo of John G

Hi Lionel,

I bought your 4 shares and ran One Step Update, and no issues.

The system is working OK so please continue looking for local reasons why these 4 shares are not updating.

Try this test - Create a new file, buy the shares and run One Step Update - is your issue repeated?

regards,
John
Photo of Lionel

Lionel

Hi John,
Thanks for your continued interest.
I did validate yesterday

Very strange, JHG did update this morning, but the other 3 did not.
Tried new a/c but no difference.
I have rechecked all symbols etc and all correct.

Guess I am stuck with it.
Have a good weekend,
Regards

Lionel
Photo of Lionel

Lionel

Hi Robyn,

Thanks for your response.

I did validate but omitted to "Super Validate"

I have now done this 3 times but must wait till Tuesday morning my time--your Monday night, to enter prices as I entered Friday prices by "hand".

Will advise and here's hoping

Best wishes

Lionel

Photo of Lionel

Lionel

Hi Robyn,

One share price is now downloading. The other 3 , there is no movement.. I tried super validate again but no success. 
Looks like I have to live with it, but still do not understand, why this happens.

Regards

Lionel
Photo of Robyn Kelly

Do you only have one security with those symbols?  Can you try creating a new security with the same symbol and see if that works?

Regards, Robyn Kelly

Photo of Lionel

Lionel

Hi Robyn,

Would you please read the message that I have just sent to John.
All good and thanks very much for your effort.

Kind regards

Lionel
Photo of Robyn Kelly

Thanks Lionel, great you sorted it out.
Photo of John G

Hello Lionel,

Shares are updating properly......

Compare the setup of the shares that are not working to the shares that are working.  What are the differences?

On your next download, untick the Download stock & managed fund quotes and leave only Download currency exchange rates ticked.  After they have updated untick Download currency.... and tick Download stock..., click on Select quotes, click on Clear All and then click Mark All and then proceed with the download.  Does it make any difference?

regards,
John
Photo of Lionel

Lionel

Hi John,
Thank you so much.
I have found the answer----all good.

I had been looking in "Customise current view" and of course all were ticked.
When u mentioned "Customise online updates" I found these shares were unticked.  How they became unticked is beyond me.
A little red in the face but again thank you for all the effort you put into this.

Regards

Lionel

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.