Accounts Premier 2014: Multi-user Mode Advice

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
I am currently using Reckon on Windows 7 (Home Edition) and would like some advice.

Today, I could not open Reckon 2014 at all after I disconnected from the clients via VPN. (Mind you - I could not access the QB DB via VPN either so cannot understand why Reckon on my computer was not opening )

Usually for the last 3 years, I am able to open Reckon (program & database) in multi-user mode on my computer until 2 hours ago.

I went searching for ideas on the forums and found this:

Now click on File and Utilities.   Do you have an option:  Stop Hosting multi-user access?  If you do then click on it - it will change to Host multi-user access.  
Now open your company file.  
Still have the problem?  Then follow through the guide at:  http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=280  until the problem is solved.  
Worked like a charm....I can open the QB files on my computer (with no VPN happening)

My query now is - when I attend the client's premises to open their multi-user QB database (which is on another/their computer) should I be able to access this DB or do I need to repeat the above but opposite (That is File|Utilities|Host multi-user access)??? 

Cheers, Cindi.
Photo of Cindi Lou

Cindi Lou

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Be the first to post a reply!