Accounts Receivable and Sundry Accounts Receivable - default setting

Kay_7142459
Kay_7142459 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

How can I set an account to default when I go to create a new invoice for a customer?  i.e Accounts Receivable and I also have Sundry Accounts Receivable.  I want AR to be the default always, how can I do this?

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Using two accounts receivables is a disaster, too much trouble in choosing each time one or the other, get rid of the other.

Ask why you need it and if it can be done differently, I would probably choose a different item to differentiate

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I agree with Charles.  I tried this quite a few years ago, for a while, but soon stopped.  This turned out to be far too cumbersome, plus trying to remember to change accounts for the various functions involved, including reporting, negated any perceived benefits.
  • Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Most of my clients are NFPs that may have up to 40 rental properties, what I did was set up "RENTAL PROPERTIES" as the main customer and then every house/tenant as a customer/job of the main Rental Properties and then set up weekly memorised rental invoices for each tenant. Every other customer is then just a customer.

All Rent then goes into its own Income account of "Rent Received" and the other incomes whether they be Commonwealth Grants or State Grants or whatever go into their own income accounts.

The A/R Ageing Summary will then group all Rental Properties together and show the others separately. You can then create 2 memorised reports by filtering just for rental properties for one report and then leaving out rental for the other

Why do you need a sundry accounts receivable?

• Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited June 2015
    We use two accounts receivable controls as we like to have our real estate separate from our normal debtors.